Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

need some help with my mods

i have a gtx limited with solas 14/19.5 impeller riva stage one kit - catch can - #42 injectors - greenwheel SC - groco filter - filled ride plate - jim's ride plate J-pipe -XS IC ----- i'm getting a rude RRFPR and a X-charger -- questions being with the adding of the rrfpr and the x-charger 1- do i keep the pressure settings for the rrfpr at 60 lbs when setting it ? and do i keep my #42 injectors or go back to the #38's i had before ? plus this winter i was going to try to add this https://www.dwperformance.com/kommer...x?item=VIB1769 since i don't like the noise from the exhaust that i get at 2500 to 3000 rpms with out the baffle i can't keep my ski as a "sleeper" like i want to -- has anyone tryed to do this ? plus the rrfpr i'm getting is used so i'm sure with out instructions --any help with that also ? any input -- help or ideas would be great ! thanks ! p.s. i'm going to change my air intake from the riva 3" to the 4"

+1
    Start with a 60 psi base pressure (engine not running) and continue to use the 42 lb injectors.

If you upgrade to the Riva thru hull exhaust you won't get that annoying resonance that you get with the free flow. The thru hull sounds 10 x better!

+1
    Are you wanting to quiet the exhaust down or make it sound deep, flowmaster sound?

I ran the free-flow pipe for about a year, because I was scared to srill my hull. I remember the resonance at 3,000 RPM, but it wasn't as annoying to me as it was to other members. To me, I was usually either idling, cruising at 5,000-6,000 RPM or WOT...The only time I saw 3,000 was when I passed it going from idle to cruising/WOT runs.

+1 with what Jerry said. The through-hull exhaust has a lot better sound than the free-flow. Check out the Riva exhaust and apply the coupon code.
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=301

+1 with Jerrys comment. You might have to bump up the prop to a 15/20 thou.
    IMO dont waste the money on that pipe you want. go thru hull and get the new riva waterbox you wont be dissapointed with the sound. I take my hat off to you... not to many people mod GTX's because well.... their couch's. I did it because there aint too many modded ones around and i like the challenge of doing so. Good luck with the mods, you have an invaluable source of info. in this forum and many members are at the top of their game. Use the info. you get wisely so that you dont waste your funds on crap you dont need to achive your goals. And above all dont be afraid to ask for advise, no question is too stupid around here. Do a seach in the how to section for the installation of the RRFPR and advise on which 4 inch intake setup to do, personally i like the 4 inch aluminum tubing setup, a little more expensive but more hardy.

+1
    I have run stock 38's with your set up here in Texas. (Hot & Hummid) I had the RRFPR at 60lb base pressure, so you could end up less than 60 with the 42's. A/F ratio could be better checking it with a A/F gauge. I think you could end up around 56-58 base pressure. LM-2 is a good choice.

here in virginia on the coast we get very warm and humid days also --so its a battle with the temp and humidity changes between spring summer and fall --and with the short 9" res./muffler --i was hoping to quite the sound down --sorta trying to make my ski a sleeper -- so when the kids try to mess with "old dad" i can leave them behind

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
    +1 with Jerrys comment. You might have to bump up the prop to a 15/20 thou.
    IMO dont waste the money on that pipe you want. go thru hull and get the new riva waterbox you wont be dissapointed with the sound. I take my hat off to you... not to many people mod GTX's because well.... their couch's. I did it because there aint too many modded ones around and i like the challenge of doing so. Good luck with the mods, you have an invaluable source of info. in this forum and many members are at the top of their game. Use the info. you get wisely so that you dont waste your funds on crap you dont need to achive your goals. And above all dont be afraid to ask for advise, no question is too stupid around here. Do a seach in the how to section for the installation of the RRFPR and advise on which 4 inch intake setup to do, personally i like the 4 inch aluminum tubing setup, a little more expensive but more hardy.
    + 1 Kc. You think if he goes with 08 Waterbox, Thur Hull System would be better and keep the sound down. It's like Robert had setup before. I think Homedrew can save some good $$$. Remember, We have a 08 waterbox,free flow Pipe in the garage the only thing would need is the Thur Hull Tip, 2 Coupling and the Block Off.
    Also you was running 42's with your setup before you change your SC. Homedrew is talking/saying going to install a X-SC so would need 42's with RRFPR and setup base pressure at 60psi and also a 15/20 prop. If he can get some1 to setup his AFR would be a +.

Curious.... hey homebrew what year is you GTX?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
    Curious.... hey homebrew what year is you GTX?
    His profile says: 2007

its a 2007 gtx limited -- i got it because i wanted the smoother ride and room -- alot of times i have a girl that rides with me that has 30 lbs of boobs and she didn't want to get black eyes from a 2 seater bouncing them around ! but my back doesn't mind it !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information