Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

blueprint engine??

any body have any thoughts about balance and blueprint to the 4tec engine. pros, cons is it worth while???

im looking to get my engine blueprinted anyone know of a decent shop for this?? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by islandboy View Post
    any body have any thoughts about balance and blueprint to the 4tec engine. pros, cons is it worth while???

im looking to get my engine blueprinted anyone know of a decent shop for this?? thanks
    Hold that Thought, He's in The Worlds Finals in Havasu right now. He'll be back Monday He's busy playing with Motec

Oh, yeah......I hope ya got a lot of $$$$$ You can Blue print the engine, But you still need the electronics to run it and match it and tune it. It's not like the good old days anymore

+1
    I'd say in comparison to the other mod's available, the cost of blueprinting is high and gains are small.

+1
    Just a little info. & folks can perceive it as they want. Our T-X dropped a valve at Nationals back in September. We were done tuning & were just checking rideplate shimming when the valve dropped. My engine had light internals, balanced, exhaust matching, ported & polished head, etc... We borrowed an engine out of another boat that was a stock engine, but the head did also have a lightweight valve train. I hung our exhaust & intake on it so the only difference was the engine & head. Note: I lost 400 rpm's between the two engines & heads. Had to re-prop to get the rpm's up.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Jammer 1 View Post
    Oh, yeah......I hope ya got a lot of $$$$$ You can Blue print the engine, But you still need the electronics to run it and match it and tune it. It's not like the good old days anymore

tell me more Jammer! do i NEED to have electronics to run a blueprinted engine. i know i need motec for BEST performance but i was doing it more for reliability than for power...

thanks for the info everyone!

+1
    tell me more Jammer! do i NEED to have electronics to run a blueprinted engine. i know i need motec for BEST performance but i was doing it more for reliability than for power...

thanks for the info everyone!
    You don't need programmable ignition. Poppa Dawg is using a plug and play ECU on his ski.

If you are going to spend all that money to blueprint the engine just for better reliability then don't bother. The stock bottom end is already extremely reliable. I'm throwing 24 psi of turbo boost on a stock bottom and and have had zero issues with it.

I would only blueprint an engine on a very highly modified ski.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    You don't need programmable ignition. Poppa Dawg is using a plug and play ECU on his ski.

If you are going to spend all that money to blueprint the engine just for better reliability then don't bother. The stock bottom end is already extremely reliable. I'm throwing 24 psi of turbo boost on a stock bottom and and have had zero issues with it.

I would only blueprint an engine on a very highly modified ski.
    how much is "all that money" for the blueprinting? and whos repuable for the job?

im not going 24 psi its more like 18psi in 100+ weather 8800rpm and bad offshore conditions all day everyday....

so what would be your advice for bullet proofing the engine....
    thanks!

+1
    how much is "all that money" for the blueprinting? and whos repuable for the job?

im not going 24 psi its more like 18psi in 100+ weather 8800rpm and bad offshore conditions all day everyday....

so what would be your advice for bullet proofing the engine....
    thanks!
    Dont run 8800, Is this for racing or rec??

Quote Originally Posted by R88ory RXP View Post
    Dont run 8800, Is this for racing or rec??

racing

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information