2007 challenger 180 winterize

I took my boat outta the water last week and removed the battery,and drained the hull of the boat of any water,is this sufficient enough?

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    uh...not really search for winterizing here and you'll see there is a bunch of other things you need to consider.

bad news is...

battery has to go back in

Doo It Till It Hurts! holdnon72's Avatar
    You need to change the oil and oil filter

you have to add fuel stabilizer (STABIL) to your boats fuel tank and run engine with garden hose hooked up a couple of times so fuel stabilizer gets through the fuel system

Flush exhaust system with 50/50 mix of antifreeze and water untill you see it come out of the back of the jet pump

You need to remove fuel rail and spray Bombardier lube into the injector ports and crank engine in drown mode a few times so your cylinders and valve train get coated to protect from condensation

spray a small amount of bombardier lube into throttle body butterfly for protection

Coat engine and all metal parts with bombardier lube for protection

remove battery and charge it once or twice through the winter months with a charger or battery tender

Add 2 damp rid pans in engine compartment

add 1 damp rid bag inside of boat

remove storage tray from engine compartment and prop open trunk a little so air can move through engine compartment

Cover boat with boat cover

did I miss something?

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    a couple of rat traps will assure no critters find your seats tasty, depending on your location

50/50 mixture in exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by holdnon72 View Post
    You need to change the oil and oil filter

you have to add fuel stabilizer (STABIL) to your boats fuel tank and run engine with garden hose hooked up a couple of times so fuel stabilizer gets through the fuel system

Flush exhaust system with 50/50 mix of antifreeze and water untill you see it come out of the back of the jet pump

You need to remove fuel rail and spray Bombardier lube into the injector ports and crank engine in drown mode a few times so your cylinders and valve train get coated to protect from condensation

spray a small amount of bombardier lube into throttle body butterfly for protection

Coat engine and all metal parts with bombardier lube for protection

remove battery and charge it once or twice through the winter months with a charger or battery tender

Add 2 damp rid pans in engine compartment

add 1 damp rid bag inside of boat

remove storage tray from engine compartment and prop open trunk a little so air can move through engine compartment

Cover boat with boat cover

did I miss something?
    Why do you need to put the mixture in the exhaust?and where do you put it in?What happens if you dont do it?

Doo It Till It Hurts! holdnon72's Avatar
    If you don't winterize and protect your exhaust system from freezing you could ruin certain parts of the exhaust system,like your exhaust manifold,hoses and fittings

There is water trapped inside the entire exhaust system and if you don't treat it it's gonna freeze. Ice expands and could crack things

You need to read my post on this thread-->http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=38879 on how to flush your 4-tec engine with a mixture of 50/50 antifreeze and coolant.

By doing it this way you know the entire exhaust system is protected. You don't have to worry about your engine block because it already has antifreeze inside it. Your just treating the exhaust system

It's just like flushing your boat with the garden hose like you do after every boat outing,accept this time you wanna flush it with a mix of anti freeze and water. I use 50/50 pre-mix but some guys use more antifreeze in the mix but i found 50/50 works fine with my non supercharged 4-tec for winterizing.

Here is a video you can watch about the procedure--->

This is simply brilliant - so easy and so cheap!!! Thanks holdnon72!! You rock!!!

Thread Information