Top End Bouncing!!!!

Wats up guys, i have a 08 fxho with the riva grate, seal kit, velocity stacks, power filter, solas impellor and took out the foam from under the mirrors and when I am at wide open throttle doing 62-63 (know its not that fast compared to allot of people here on greenhulk but it gets the job done for now) the ski starts the bounce like crazy and i have to release the throttle. The rpms are around 10,100- 10,300. What would this be????? I think I need to send Jim my ride plate to have it modified.... What do the pros think????

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by fxho View Post
    Wats up guys, i have a 08 fxho with the riva grate, seal kit, velocity stacks, power filter, solas impellor and took out the foam from under the mirrors and when I am at wide open throttle doing 62-63 (know its not that fast compared to allot of people here on greenhulk but it gets the job done for now) the ski starts the bounce like crazy and i have to release the throttle. The rpms are around 10,100- 10,300. What would this be????? I think I need to send Jim my ride plate to have it modified.... What do the pros think????
    Maybe you should get the Riva ride plate also, it was designed for the kit you have on the ski.

Quote Originally Posted by DP. View Post
    Maybe you should get the Riva ride plate also, it was designed for the kit you have on the ski.
    but i heard the riva plate would make me lose some stability in the chop and would only help if i am riding flat water. is this true

+1
    i have a riva plate on my 04 fxho and prefer it to my other plates (i also ground the mounting bosses to allow for more angle)
    i ride mainly rough water it is shimed for speed but still handles well in the rough
    the othere plates i have are the stock one shimed at the front
    ,bounces at speed and doesn't feel to stable in the turns
    an R&D plate moded by jim , feels like it turns beter in smooth water and has the same speed as the riva plate with me riding, but does bounce more than the riva plate, but if my son is riding he gets more speed with the R&D plate

i also have all the rest of riva rpm kit fitted

kev

Thread Information