Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

possible project boat design.

How about helping me make the worlds first polaris 1500cc sl750's? How about this as a design for a double side by side 750s' in a 94sl hull?

Or maybe leave the hull straight across with no tunnel. i was just sketching. Would need a donor boat for parts and the back of the ski where the pump and engine align would need to be cut out of the donor boat and the this .that way, when you glass both boat sections side by side, everything will just go in perfect like it was 1. Dual steering too? hmmm needs to be fabbed.
    I guess start out with cutting out both boats around the engine plate and the whole ass end area around the pump where it curves .with lots of extra!. and trim both to have an engine and the pump assembly and exhaust installed on the piece of glass on the ground away from the ski.
    Then glass the 2 sections together. then measure the width and height and length. With those measurement, transfer everything over to the ski.map out where to cut whatever is needed to MAKE it fit. Including cutting it lengthwise about half way back and widthwise if needed. so actually you would end up with 5 pieces.
    1. the front -full piece.
    2. the 2 rear sections-left and right{with the bottoms already cut out from previous step)
    3. the 2 plates fiberglassed together complete with motors and exhaust

Then lower rear pieces till they fit snug around the motors and exhaust and pump, then glass together. A new transom of some type would have to be made from scratch to fill in whats missing. If your good, you could make a whole new rubrail area and actually put one back on like it was made that way!
    Then glass in the front of the ski to the rear with chimes if needed underneath and sloping transition from front to rear.

Just thought of this too---Need dual throttle made. dual primerset up and dual start. and 2 kill switches, 1 tank would supply both engines. cut a hole in the tank and stuff another 2 pickups in the tank and a cap. 2 batteries. Keep electrical seperate. Maybe custom trim for it.
    Any thoughts? / let er rip! this may never happen!.lol but maybe who knows. If I cant sell it, ill cut it! lol
    Wonder how fast it would be?
    A new wider custom seat would be in order for sure
    Maybe if I can get donations of stuff to do it, i'll do it!
    Or is this a just down right crazy idea? lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dual pump sketch.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	2.63 MB 
ID:	154958  

+1
    1. How old are you? Just curious?

2. Anything is possible with enough money and time... but this one won't work.

3. The SL hulls aren't big enough to house 2 triples. Hell... I'm surprised they fit one in there!

4. Keep dreaming! I day dream all the time about bigger and faster skis! Nothing wrong with thinking BIG!!!

+1
    48. It would be a WIDE sled in the ass end! lol I'll have to make some measurements and actually see how wide it would be. You'd be tripping if you seen it to completion huh?.
    I can build ribs and stringers for strength inside the hull. not a problem, making chimes undereneath? no problem. It may end up sitting high in the front from the weight. not sure how much. Steel plates glassed into hull for connecting the whole thing together for strength.
    Would 2 pumps both rotating clockwise cause a torque steer in it? Might need a trim tab like an outboard has.
    This is the kind of project that makes you think, not just upgrade with this or that for 2 mph. true and tried stuff. This is going where no man has gone before! lol

This is like cutting a limo up and streching it. I think it can be done myself. Could you imagine the look on other unsuspecting polaris owners look on thier faces when they see 2 pumps back there? lol omg too funny.
    I need posi's not negi's, but thanks for the input. I see you didnt read the post part about cutting the hull in half huh? You said 2 won't fit in there.lol How old are you?

Canadian Beaver Inspector jkindt's Avatar

Why not just get some boat plans from www.glen-l.com for their Dyno Jet and throw the motors in that! It may not be a PWC, but a 2 seater runabout with dual jets would be sick!

+1
    I'm just playing around witth some ideas. my buddy is suppose to be buying this thing but,,, if he doesnt , then im gonna try it. I just bought a 785 pro and have a 95slt that runs so. and this thing is only 500 and i took the engine out for my slt so this is just basically junk lying around before I throw it awayhey, we all could learn something and maybe it may just run someday. more fun than anything. not looking to throw money at it. I have the glass already.and a saws all.lol

If it did work and 1 motor cut out, you could still get home! maybe.......or else just circles! lol

+1
    Step awaaaaay from the

Seriously though, I never say never but this seems a little out there....prove me wrong and make it happen!!

+1
    Reminds me of the British chap who took two X2s and spliced them together with two jets and a chain drive hooked up to a rotary engine. Before he quit, he had it all the way up to 45mph!

Sorry, but I learned the hard way, life's too short to spend it on projects like this. You're talking about a lot of garage hours. Get a girlfiend instead, she'll take care of your disposable income and be a lot more fun to ride!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bowsniper View Post
    48. It would be a WIDE sled in the ass end! lol I'll have to make some measurements and actually see how wide it would be. You'd be tripping if you seen it to completion huh?.
    I can build ribs and stringers for strength inside the hull. not a problem, making chimes undereneath? no problem. It may end up sitting high in the front from the weight. not sure how much. Steel plates glassed into hull for connecting the whole thing together for strength.
    Would 2 pumps both rotating clockwise cause a torque steer in it? Might need a trim tab like an outboard has.
    This is the kind of project that makes you think, not just upgrade with this or that for 2 mph. true and tried stuff. This is going where no man has gone before! lol

This is like cutting a limo up and streching it. I think it can be done myself. Could you imagine the look on other unsuspecting polaris owners look on thier faces when they see 2 pumps back there? lol omg too funny.
    I need posi's not negi's, but thanks for the input. I see you didnt read the post part about cutting the hull in half huh? You said 2 won't fit in there.lol How old are you?
    The drawing looks like a kids artwork... that's why I asked.

I don't "trip". Sorry.

Wasn't intended to be "negi". Best of luck if you do the project.

Nope... didn't read the whole post... just skimmed it and saw the pic.

I turn 30 on the 26th... ugh... dirty thirty!

+1
    Yeah. I'll concentrate on the Pro instead. the polaris sl is next store anyways, so easy to walk away from.lol just sits there. Fiberglass decays in 100 years. Someone buy this thing from me.!

Bing-A-Ding-Ding-Ding, Brrrrrap! Brrrrrrrrrap!!! Polaris_Nut#1's Avatar
    +1
    just bolt two SL hulls together and link the steering nozzles. kinda like a drives ed water craft.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information