Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar

fuel pressure regulators??? high psi???...

working towards a rude 3 ..on a stock ecu...i have a rude controller...cal is going to tune it for me....setting up for the fuel requirements...pump rail and reg...he wants 60 # injectors ..fine...

thinking i might need a reg that will pull pressure at vac....to help controle the idle...with the big injectors

cal if i dont need it ..just let me know...regular regulators are easy ..

otherwise any suggestions on wich one to use

I can get it done either way. Using a reguator is a safer approach when the boost is high, but not a necessity. The stock rev limit gives us more time to pulse the injector (lower duty cycle), thus getting more fuel in

Edit: I see you already have a regulator. That will work fine. Idle is easy even with 60's and stock ecu

Banned User
    hmmm this controller seems to be the ticket with high boost and stock ECU and big injectors, if its setup right. I will have to wait till next spring to see what my afr's are when i get the ski out again, with the 48's and the ET137 setup on stock ECU might have Cal setup a controller for me.

Quote Originally Posted by HighPSI View Post
    I can get it done either way. Using a reguator is a safer approach when the boost is high, but not a necessity. The stock rev limit gives us more time to pulse the injector (lower duty cycle), thus getting more fuel in

Edit: I see you already have a regulator. That will work fine. Idle is easy even with 60's and stock ecu
    it is all stock now ..i just have some fuel rail left over ...and was going to make a rail...add a reg..and get a pump ..do i need it... or is stocker ok i just see to many mustangs add big ..chargers and not upgrade the fuel system and go boom

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by breon View Post
    it is all stock now ..i just have some fuel rail left over ...and was going to make a rail...add a reg..and get a pump ..do i need it... or is stocker ok i just see to many mustangs add big ..chargers and not upgrade the fuel system and go boom
    How many hours on the ski??? A walbro pump is a good idea in my opinion and for what they cost I would fitt 1 as insurance.

As far as the reg with the controller leave that upto Cal by what I have read he is more tha qualified to get you running bang on. R88

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by breon View Post
    thinking i might need a reg that will pull pressure at vac....to help controle the idle...with the big injectors
    With the fuel controller you wont need a Reg. to help control your idle ...Just turn the injector pulse width down and you should be good in that area..Youll possible need it for the top end .The Rude fuel controler is mapped for 50 LBS injectors So with the 60s you MIGHT need a little help.

I am running a Rude controller on my ski with a 2 Rude,50 Lbs injectors and a stock ECU..My numbers as far as injector pulse width is great on the bottom and mid range BUT when i start getting into the boost and higher RPMs i start maximizeing my injectors out..Keep in mind i am not running my RRFPR with the resource line hooked up either and is set at 58 psi...

high psi is going to tune it for me ...just want it to be right ..the first time ..have all the right stuff in place...he says 60 # ....60# it will be...he knows his stuff says he can tune the idle fine ..the rude controler is the way to go ..the big cars i build never use rrfpr...it is allways a comp..i just think it is mor accurate ...

snowman i am glad to hear you like yours...looking forward to getting it done...

+1
    I hear High PSI has the Rude Controller figured out pretty well..hes the man to get it done..let me know how it works out with the bigger injectors...I may have to upgrade to a 3 rude next year if all goes well with the controller and bigger injectors.

hoping .... working hard at getting everything together...

gotta get it running right with what got ...in the middle of checking the cam timing now...

+1
    What cam you running??Im running an 04 in an 06 machine...I have been playing with the cam timing all year..I found mine ran best at 150 psi BUT some people say that is to high and some say thats just right...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information