Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    RXP 260 X Short Course Veteran RXP244's Avatar
    +1

RAD 4 RACING Driveshaft seal saves boat?

I had just finished fitting up the latest round of go fast mods, (Riva Ride Plate, Open Loop, Custom Pump Extension with longer driveshaft). Had been slowly bringing everything upto speed, I was testing a new custom driveshaft made locally.After 1 hour, everything was looking great, clocked off some mid 85mph runs! When bang! At over 80mph, a big noise then nothing. Almost over the bars, realised lanyard had come off, stuck it back on, fired her up and no drive. Removed seat real fast expecting to see water pouring in but the driveshaft was being held firmly in place by the seal. The driveshaft had broken off at the PTO seal but couldn't go anywhere because the RAD4 seal was holding it in place.

Makes you wonder what might have happened if I had still had the carbon seal?

This is priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by RXP244 View Post
    I had just finished fitting up the latest round of go fast mods, (Riva Ride Plate, Open Loop, Custom Pump Extension with longer driveshaft). Had been slowly bringing everything upto speed, I was testing a new custom driveshaft made locally.After 1 hour, everything was looking great, clocked off some mid 85mph runs! When bang! At over 80mph, a big noise then nothing. Almost over the bars, realised lanyard had come off, stuck it back on, fired her up and no drive. Removed seat real fast expecting to see water pouring in but the driveshaft was being held firmly in place by the seal. The driveshaft had broken off at the PTO seal but couldn't go anywhere because the RAD4 seal was holding it in place.

Makes you wonder what might have happened if I had still had the carbon seal?
    LMFAO It would have done the same thing. It doesen't matter if you have a carbon seal or any other aftermarket seal in that ski The shaft was cut at PTO side, Game Over your gonna get towed The shaft will not move PERIOD!. Now, if the shaft broke in the middle of the PTO and the carbon seal or your aftermarket seal mod. Then That could be a different scenario. That small peice of metal rotating at a certain RPM could create some Major destruction worst scenario is that piece of the shaft could break again in another piece and be flying through your seat and straight to your A$$ Thank God our shaft is straight and not like a truck drive shaft that has a "U" joint So pull your head out of your A$$ The only thing that save your A$$ is it broke at the PTO side and we don't have a "U" joint in our ski + That drive shaft ain't going anywhere until you pull the pump off Your "C" clip is still there too, damm B!tch to take off

Banned User
    was thinking the same thing jammer.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by twelvesorbetter View Post

This is priceless.

PRICELESS????????? i dont think so.......PRICELESS is a guy that CANT install and properly maintain a RAD-4 seal thinking he can build a conversion!!!!!!! NOW THATS PRICELESS!!!!!!!!! hahahahahahahahaha PERIOD!!!!!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammer 1 View Post
    LMFAO It would have done the same thing. It doesen't matter if you have a carbon seal or any other aftermarket seal in that ski The shaft was cut at PTO side, Game Over your gonna get towed The shaft will not move PERIOD!. Now, if the shaft broke in the middle of the PTO and the carbon seal or your aftermarket seal mod. Then That could be a different scenario. That small peice of metal rotating at a certain RPM could create some Major destruction worst scenario is that piece of the shaft could break again in another piece and be flying through your seat and straight to your A$$ Thank God our shaft is straight and not like a truck drive shaft that has a "U" joint So pull your head out of your A$$ The only thing that save your A$$ is it broke at the PTO side and we don't have a "U" joint in our ski + That drive shaft ain't going anywhere until you pull the pump off Your "C" clip is still there too, damm B!tch to take off
    Jammer when u get a boat an it floats or u can even ride let us know then well start taking your advice .............until then..............well u already know dont u!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahahaha BET!

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by REID2168 View Post
    PRICELESS????????? i dont think so.......PRICELESS is a guy that CANT install and properly maintain a RAD-4 seal thinking he can build a conversion!!!!!!! NOW THATS PRICELESS!!!!!!!!! hahahahahahahahaha PERIOD!!!!!!!

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    I'm just curious if someone got asked to defend the rad4?.. I mean its kinda obvious just finished closing the case on a rad4 mishappening and so many ppl left feedback for this product. What i asked myself....why? Are you trying to defend the rad4?
    we all know that no matter what type of seal system according to where tha shaft broke the shaft would have stayed put. I'm going to have to agree with the rest, no matter if it was a carbon seal, rad4, wsm ashtray seal, the shaft would have stayed in place.

I know this will become a long ass thread in a while, and thats the last thing the makers of this product want, being bashed again, Yes maybe they messed up, but as far as I know they offer great customer support and will make it up to you. (i know that wont compensate for a sunken ski) but give them a break and move on, If you had your own business you wouldnt want ppl bashing on it. So if you are trying to defend/bash this product just move on to something else.

just my .02

+1
    if u r refering to me ........... im not defending anyone friend just throwing in my .02 like u just did .......it just sometimes my .02 is well..........PRICELESS .....HANDS DOWN!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by REID2168 View Post
    Damn - you're funny.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information