Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

06 GP1300R how fast?

What kind of top speed do these things run stock? With say an avg 200lb rider? Anyone here from the Sacramento area?

+1
    65 to 66 mph on a fast one doing a full superman.

+1
    what if he's standing on the back with his feet? All the weight towards the back but not laying down on his stomach. 64-65?

+1
    64 to 65 would be a good guess, then heat and humdity could bring those numbers down more.

I come in at about 175lbs and I had mine run 66 GPS'd one day on some really nice water both ways. I have since added a few things.

I just GPS'd my new '06 last week at 64.2mph with 8 hours on it in fresh water. Trim all the way up and standing as far back as possible. This was in Florida summer humidity as well. I also weigh in at 265lbs.

+1
    The reason I ask is because I have a 15f with roguejets air intake, intake manifold spacer and polished intake ports, and a 5 degree timing advance. I'm more confused as ever now because my stock speedo says 68 which I thought was a little high. Stock it was 61-62. I ran dead even with an RXT for about a half mile at top speed a little over a month ago. Then I get everyone buggin me about a gps. So I buy this POS $90 Etrex and run 61.0-62.9 with my avg in the 61.7 range. Of course I'm let down, but my ass meter says something is not right. My friends vx110 only ran 50.5 on the gps. People are sayin it goes 53-54. I ride at Folsom Lake near Sacramento, CA. The water is calm at South Fork especially on a weekday. Well yesterday after making some GPS runs I see a 06 GPR headed my way. I get next to him and keep pace going about 45-50. I motion him to nailed it and he does. We're dead even for about 5 seconds and then I very slowly start pulling away. When I let off I had 2-2.5 ski's on him. So now I'm really sayin WTF??? How do I run 61.7 on that run and pull a GPR? The guy shrugged his shoulders and kept on goin and I go back to my buddy and let him know what happened. My buddy hops on the ski and then sees him on his way back and goes out there and they chat for a few minutes. They talk about mods and he tells him about the forum etc. They end up lining them up from a dig and my ski's strength is the holeshot and it pulled several lengths and kept goin. Now I know this post is long and I tried to include all the details to help paint a picture. I have no idea what to think. If anyone on this forum has a GPR/RXT/RXP and wants to run em I'll be happy to make a new riding buddy and get some data. I need to run more ski's to really find out where I'm at. Thanks, and awesome forum!

+1
    I bought my o5 Gp in March of 05.

It ran with a Riva ride plate and intake grate an average of 68.2 miles per hour after 3 runs.

I put a full stage two on it with V-force reeds and one year ago it was running
    mid to upper 73s with 3/4s of a tank of fuel and low 74s on empty.

Brian in Tampa is currently running the same in salt water with same mods.

An stx15 is an awesome ski but in the winter it is a best of mid 64s with a ride plate. I ran a best of 77.8 in the winter without porting.

Get a good tach and learn how to ride your ski. If you weigh 265 than you are going to have to learn how to superman. I weighed 274 this morning naked after working out. You can do it man.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronC
    I'm more confused as ever now because my stock speedo says 68 which I thought was a little high.
    Ben's # sound about right. My GPR new ran about 63+MPH with a FULL tank, with the trim neutral and me up and forward (SpeedO said 71). With the R&D plate and same conditions I run 66+MPH (SpeedO says 84).

+1
    How much gas did you have in it when you did your tests. That can make a big difference, especially on how quick it gets to your top speed. Riva does their tests at 1/3 tank of fuel. Your ski holds 16.4 gallons, if you run it at 1/3 of a tank that is about 66 pounds less weight than a full tank of fuel. When Ph2ocraft's Polaris Matrix gets down to 1/2 tank of fuel instead of a full tank he says it makes a big difference.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information