Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    It got WIFI and touchscreen ! PWCGUY's Avatar
    +1

Mini Rude vs 3Rude Recreational Use

I have an RXP-X which I use as a rec boat. I have already done most of the lower level mods ( 4 inch intake, Ros nemo, Block-offs, torque plate, open loop, Worx grate, rideplate, pump extention ) and plan to get more serious this winter with ECU, valve train and SC upgrade. I will also start playing with nozzel and implellers. Obviously there is a cost difference between the Mini Rude and 3Rude but I'm not as much concerned with this as perf gains, fuel economy and reliability. So I know the 3Rude will result in more power which is always a good thing but I'm also concern about fuel economy ( part throttel ) and reliability ( don't want to check slip after every ride ). I'm sure full throttel fuel economy is worst with 3Rude but if part throttel is similar to Mini Rude then I can manage my distance between fillups which is important to me as I go on long rides with friends who have stock RXP-X's .

Ultimatley my goals are min 80 mph top end while maintaining excellent hole shot and workable fuel economy. Top end right now is 74.6 mph but the Riva rideplate needs to be removed or modded to lower angle. Any feedback would be appriciated.

Thanks

+1
    I don,t have an X but from the sounds of it your ski should be in the 77MPH range now easily.

I would start looking for other issues for lost speed, like the prop area.

What RPM's are you running now?

+1
    The X's are slower on top end compared to RXP. Still running stock nozzel ( ~ 87 mm ) and impleller. I could probably get close to 77 mph with nozzel and impeller changes but don't want to give up hole shot.

If you plan on doing the ECU. The minurude will easily put you into the 80's. I know what would do if money was not an issue, I'm a speed addict though. If you are satisfied with 80 the minirude is a great upgrade. Since it uses a smaller wheel than the 3rude I would imagine you will have less SC clutch maintenance, but that has a lot to how hard the ski is ridden.

I'm assuming you are aware of the overstuff issues some have with the RXPX, and the status of a kit to resolve this. Be safe!

Quote Originally Posted by 1 FAST VE View Post
    I don,t have an X but from the sounds of it your ski should be in the 77MPH range now easily.

I would start looking for other issues for lost speed, like the prop area.

What RPM's are you running now?
    I think the very list you need to replace your impeller for now and see how the boat runs. I think 74mph is a litle "slow" with all the stuff you have put in. I could be wrong but change impeller and see how you doing on speed.
    What is your issue with the riva plate? why do you want to mod it?

Pete

+1
    Wow, you should be going much faster!

+1
    Aware and already experiencing overstuff. Since the Riva ride plate I overstuff regularly upon throttel chop above 74 mph. So I plan to either remove and install OEM plate or fillin the center wedge section. Impeller & nozzel change is a definite just don't want to get into it until I have the ECU and SC sorted out. Thanks for the feedback so far.

So will the Mini rude w/ ECU put me into 80's and still able to have a good solid hole shot ?

Does anyone know wat the MiniRude boosts at 8600 rpm?

Quote Originally Posted by ba6636 View Post
    Does anyone know wat the MiniRude boosts at 8600 rpm?
    I've seen back to back testing between the minirude and the 2 rude. They are practically identical in performance. This was at 8140 RPM though. Base on that I would expect 15psi at 8600rpm. Hope this helps. I've never seen anyone run the minrude at 8500, not yet anyway.
    Last edited by dduck1628; 10-17-2009 at 04:13 PM. Reason: typos

+1
    That's a great point ! Maybe Mini rude is a good choice for lower RPM with stock ECU. Hopefully Nills can shed some light on this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information