Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Questions for rebuilding Engine?

2006 Seadoo RXP Stg 3, 110 hrs. Stops running, taking the engine apart, the timing chain snaped, all the valves touchdown on the pistons, looks like the head gasket also looks like the number 3 cylinder sucked in some of the anti-freeze. looks like the engeine needs a total rebuild, any suggestions from here, is it cheap going with a new rebuilt or do it myself?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by superblownrxp View Post
    2006 Seadoo RXP Stg 3, 110 hrs. Stops running, taking the engine apart, the timing chain snaped, all the valves touchdown on the pistons, looks like the head gasket also looks like the number 3 cylinder sucked in some of the anti-freeze. looks like the engeine needs a total rebuild, any suggestions from here, is it cheap going with a new rebuilt or do it myself?
    IT depends on if your crank or block has to be replaced. You can rebuild the short block cheaper (is still some cash tho replacing everying needed) then buying new if you can salvage the block and crank. IF not then you need a short block obviously.

If your head has to be replaced then obviously you might could find another engine for cheaper then replacing head and rebuilding short block.

Atleast that is my findings and I am in the middle of a rebuild.

Take it apart and take some pics, post and you will have your answers needed on damage.

Good Luck

+1
    did you lose the ceramic SCer washers at some point?

Camera is on Charge, I'll Have pictures tomorrow, it seems the valves are all open on the head even tho the cam is out, I think the valves are all bad, and pistons are bad as well, the crank still looks good, so does the cam, so i just might need to buy new pistons, get the head ported with new valves. depending on how bad the cylinder walls are, bore to 100 or just new pistons and rings.

+1
    The cause must have been supercharger washer failure.
    Timing chains don't snap ,must have been something stuck between it and caused the engine failure,must have been the ceramic washers,if they where ok,maybe the previous owner didn't remove the washer parts from the engine from an earlier superchager breakdown.

Good luck on the rebuild,get yourself a workshop manual ,will be a big help.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by superblownrxp View Post
    Camera is on Charge, I'll Have pictures tomorrow, it seems the valves are all open on the head even tho the cam is out, I think the valves are all bad, and pistons are bad as well, the crank still looks good, so does the cam, so i just might need to buy new pistons, get the head ported with new valves. depending on how bad the cylinder walls are, bore to 100 or just new pistons and rings.
    If you have to replace the pistons then go one size over and get bored. That way you are starting out with perfect specs. Your cylinder walls more then likely have some wear at 110 hours. one size over and stock piston size are about same price so just MO.

+1
    Check your valve guides before re-using the head. 10 hours after rebuilding mine from a broken timing chain, it dropped one of the new valves and destroyed the head and piston. The guide had some play and snapped an intake valve stem. The money I spent and will have to spend to get it running is about the price of an engine off E-Bay. Good Luck.

+1
    Not sure how this cost compares to a rebuild, but you can get a remanufactured 4TEC supercharged engine with cases, crankshaft, head assembly, all internal parts and a 2-year warranty for $2,700:
    http://www.sbtontheweb.com/Merchant2...oduct_Count=11

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    SBT... NO!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyrxp View Post
    Sbt... no!!!
    +5 no effin way!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information