Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Pump Shoe Ride Plate Alignment ?????

So I got my pump shoe, transom plate, etc. all done. I put a level under the hull and made sure that the pump shoe was sitting accordingly. You can slide a nickel in the front and a dime in the rear. The measurements are almost perfect. I put the ride plate on and I noticed that one side of the pump shoe looks like it is sitting down further in the rear than the other side. What gives?
    SHOOTER

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter98xpl View Post
    So I got my pump shoe, transom plate, etc. all done. I put a level under the hull and made sure that the pump shoe was sitting accordingly. You can slide a nickel in the front and a dime in the rear. The measurements are almost perfect. I put the ride plate on and I noticed that one side of the pump shoe looks like it is sitting down further in the rear than the other side. What gives?
    SHOOTER
    Lay the ride plate on a glass table top and see if theres any woble..

+1
    SHOOTER
    you should have a nickel all the way, a dime is thinner which says that the rear is hanging down also make sure the bolts are all torqued the same, and that the shoe is actually square with the hull..

+1
    Nate, according to several sources I was told the nickel dime trick was the easiest way of testing. That you wanted the rear of the pump shoe to hang just a little on the back in relation to the front.
    SHOOTER

+1
    Nate, according to several sources I was told the nickel dime trick was the easiest way of testing. That you wanted the rear of the pump shoe to hang just a little on the back in relation to the front.
    SHOOTER
    hmm new one on me.. I know that a couple were taking some off the mounting surface to help close the tunnel but, I always assummed they kept it level... mine is a nickel all the way but, may take off some off the mounting surface this winter to see what it does just my .02cents..

+1
    Rgr that buddy. I wondered the same about putting it level or slightly angled back up to go with the flow of the ride plate. But then I was told you can't get much angle then on the ride plate. I sealed it up well this time and taking it off would be a B****. So going to see how it plays out. I heard about that putting it up into the hull more, but then you lose angle on the ride plate correct?
    SHOOTER

Quote Originally Posted by N8R View Post
    hmm new one on me.. I know that a couple were taking some off the mounting surface to help close the tunnel but, I always assummed they kept it level... mine is a nickel all the way but, may take off some off the mounting surface this winter to see what it does just my .02cents..
    Isn't that your 5 cents?:0)

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    SHOOTER
    Nickel up front and a dime in the back will allow more angle on plate, I had a customer that machined his shoe so much in the back that all he could get out of the plate was a .830 angle so it was killing his speed.

Midlothian Virginia USA ~ On the James River~
    +1

Thumbs up

Good stuff to know

+1
    Its amazing to me how all these areas that need to be straight are so misaligned from the factory. Lots of adjusting for the gains you get sometimes drives me nuts.
    SHOOTER

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information