Places to store jet ski on intercoastal?

hey guys im driving down to fl during my x-mas break. i was thinking about bringing my jet ski but i dont have a place to keep it while im down there. is there anywhere near the water where i can store it for like a week? i really dont know the water down there. do you need a lisence? would anyone want to do a little ride? i would be in the delray boca area?

thanks
    justin

Storage units?

I'm not familiar with that area but I'd try calling Marina's around where you'll be and also self storage units. My buddy keeps his at a self storage unit, I think just outside, for $35.00 a month. There are plenty of them down here that would love your money.

No license is required unless you're 21 or younger then you have to take an approved boat safety course.

While you're here try to make it out to Sebastian Inlet for the rollers.

im 18 actually and i have my lisence for nys. do u how i can get a lisence? is it possible online? im not really fimialar with that area/

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jcoop421 View Post
    im 18 actually and i have my lisence for nys. do u how i can get a lisence? is it possible online? im not really fimialar with that area/
    Unless something's changed, you have to be at least 16 to operate a PWC in FL without a license. Are you staying with family or hotel? I would think that even HOA's or hotels would be able to tolerate a PWC for a week.

+1
    There is a nice lake in Delray. it is called lake ida look it up I ahve ridden there many times.

im staying with fam in older person development. so idk if theyd let a trailer sit there. and i would need a place to flsuh it out. im very mental about having a clean ski haha.

+1
    just call a national storage unit chain,get some address,and make a few calls as backup...there are tons of storage places down there.

License Required

Persons 21 and under must have a license. the license needs to be from NASBLA so you might want to call FWC and ask them if your current license has reciprocity.

Here are some easy to read regs -
    http://www.boat-ed.com/fl/course/p4-3_whomayoperate.htm

Here are the FWC regs -
    http://myfwc.com/rulesandregs/Rules_Boat.htm#PWC

"Anyone 21 years of age or younger is required to either have successfully completed a National Association of State Boating Law Administrators (NASBLA) approved boating education course or have passed a course equivalency or temporary certificate examination and have in their possession a boating education ID card and a photo identification card before operating a vessel with a motor of 10 HP or more in Florida. Identification cards for persons completing the course or the equivalency exam are good for a lifetime. Temporary Certificate exams are made available to the public through contractors. The temporary certificate is valid for 12 months from the issue date."

FWC #:
    850-488-4676

+1
    Lake Ida is fresh water ride ocean got to ida ride again and flush it out Can you say SWEEET

Thread Information