Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Phantom Silver/Valiant Blue FTW! AllenUltra250X's Avatar

Difficult question about U250X.

When I bought my 07 U250X, the mechanic told me to watch the clear tube that hangs in the front of the engine compartment. He told me to watch and make sure no oil is in that tube. He then told me that its okay if a little oil gets in there, but if the tube keeps filling up the ski will start to run slower and slower because -?- is getting clogged up and reducing performance.

I want to believe he said extra (GIO) oil is clogging something up. He said the ski's performance will continue to decrease unless -?- is cleaned out.

Last time I had my ski out, I rode it pretty hard. There was a little bit of oil in the tube, and I noticed the engine wasn't as snappy as it was earlier in the summer.

What is the -?- that gets clogged up?

Is cleaning out the -?- easy enough for me to do it, or do I need to take it to the stealership?

Sorry for such the confusing post, but I don't want to call the dealer because I feel like they tell me a bunch of bull and I don't want to tear up my ski. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me!

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by AllenUltra250X View Post
    When I bought my 07 U250X, the mechanic told me to watch the clear tube that hangs in the front of the engine compartment. He told me to watch and make sure no oil is in that tube. He then told me that its okay if a little oil gets in there, but if the tube keeps filling up the ski will start to run slower and slower because -?- is getting clogged up and reducing performance.

I want to believe he said extra (GIO) oil is clogging something up. He said the ski's performance will continue to decrease unless -?- is cleaned out.

Last time I had my ski out, I rode it pretty hard. There was a little bit of oil in the tube, and I noticed the engine wasn't as snappy as it was earlier in the summer.

What is the -?- that gets clogged up?

Is cleaning out the -?- easy enough for me to do it, or do I need to take it to the stealership?

Sorry for such the confusing post, but I don't want to call the dealer because I feel like they tell me a bunch of bull and I don't want to tear up my ski. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me!
    INTERCOOLER

Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    INTERCOOLER

You can remove the hose entering the IC and check for oil
    If you have clogged your IC, this thread will tell you how to clean it...
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...oil+overfilled

Best way to prevent it from happening is to block the catch can drain.
    And mod the crankcase fitting to resemble '08 setup, so your breather system works better....like this....
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...oil+overfilled

search buttons are the shizzz

Quote Originally Posted by AllenUltra250X View Post
    ...the mechanic told me to watch the clear tube that hangs in the front of the engine compartment. He told me to watch and make sure no oil is in that tube. He then told me that its okay if a little oil gets in there, but if the tube keeps filling up the ski will start to run slower and slower because -?- is getting clogged up and reducing performance...What is the -?- that gets clogged up...
    I think you must be referring to the little plastic drain tube that hangs down from airbox in front of engine.

I think your dealer was correct in what he said, he just may not have explained it clearly.

If that tube is filling up with gas/oil, it means that vapor/fluid is going past catch can mounted to intercooler and travelling into airbox. A little is ok. That tube is designed to catch small amounts. But if tube has a lot of liquid in it, you may be on the road to fouling the intercooler which can dramatically reduce performance.

The content of that little drain tube can tell you a lot.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue 182 View Post
    I think you must be referring to the little plastic drain tube that hangs down from airbox in front of engine.

I think your dealer was correct in what he said, he just may not have explained it clearly.

If that tube is filling up with gas/oil, it means that vapor/fluid is going past catch can mounted to intercooler and travelling into airbox. A little is ok. That tube is designed to catch small amounts. But if tube has a lot of liquid in it, you may be on the road to fouling the intercooler which can dramatically reduce performance.

The content of that little drain tube can tell you a lot.
    Exactly.

Thanks guys. I wouldve searched but I didn't even know what was being clogged.

I don't think a lot of oil is in the intercooler because I empty the tune anytime a little oil gets in there. The ski still runs great and pulls hard. It just wasn't as snappy as it usually is. I think it couldve been the gas too, I don't think it was the highest quality. I will definitely check out the intercooler to make sure its clean on the inside. Its time to winterize anyway, so its a good time.

Thanks again.

Rrreading, I'm kind of confused. Is my intercooler clogging, or is my airbox clogging?

A little oil in the small clear tube hanging at the front of the engine.

+1
    The air box is not clogging, as blue182 said the clear tube is catching oil that blows by the catch can as it has a return hose to the airbox ,
    If you want to be sure the intercooler has not clogged you can pull it out and rinse through with soapy water

Thanks.

R5 Water-X Racing Promoter PowerShot's Avatar
    +1
    Ive never seenoil get into the tubeon the airbox..Ive only seen water from time to time be in it.

Why?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information