Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

RXP service intervals

Hey all,

Just purchased my first ski, a 07 RXP with 22 hours.

Before I purchased it, the previous owner took it to the Seadoo dealership for a 20 hour service.

It is up to 27 hours now, I am just wondering when the next dealership service should be?

I am not very good at the mechanical side of things, I can perform basic checks, but when it comes to removing things and replacing things I think that's a bit out of my league.

Thanks guys!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Minmin View Post
    Hey all,

Before I purchased it, the previous owner took it to the Seadoo dealership for a 20 hour service.

It is up to 27 hours now, I am just wondering when the next dealership service should be?

I am not very good at the mechanical side of things, I can perform basic checks, but when it comes to removing things and replacing things I think that's a bit out of my league.

Thanks guys!
    The service interval according to sea-doo is every 100 hours i believe. At which time it is required that the supercharger be rebuilt. I think 100 hours is too long before service intervals and change my oil every 50 hours. Not too much else involved in a service, just various checks.

+1
    Hey all,

Thanks guys!
    Also there is no scheduled 20 hour service, the first service is to be carried out at 10 hours, after the break in period. I would imagine he was referring to this service and just done it late .

+1
    I have the tax invoice from that service, it has on there "pre-sale service"

Included an oil change and oil filter I think.

The S/C washers have been changed to metal as well.

I have the tax invoice from that service, it has on there "pre-sale service"

Included an oil change and oil filter I think.

Go look at your Owners Manual that came with your ski. It will tell you pretty much on how and when of how many hours you should service a certain part. some parts goes for 100 hours, some parts go for 10 hours some goes for Inspection only or some goes for "replace part". They are pretty much coded and kinda dummy proof

Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    The service interval according to sea-doo is every 100 hours i believe. At which time it is required that the supercharger be rebuilt. I think 100 hours is too long before service intervals and change my oil every 50 hours. Not too much else involved in a service, just various checks.
    Bro, YOU should really read the owners manual that came with your ski. A lot of people was so exited, including me That jumped on my ski and Hammered down Luckily, I am Mechanically inclined by birth It's all in the owners manual that came with your ski.....The service specs or the Maintenance chart. They go by 10, 25, 50,100...etc hours. Even after reading the owners manual, YOU still have to throw in a little common sense......that will go a long way. Hope the info helps

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammer 1 View Post
    Go look at your Owners Manual that came with your ski. It will tell you pretty much on how and when of how many hours you should service a certain part. some parts goes for 100 hours, some parts go for 10 hours some goes for Inspection only or some goes for "replace part". They are pretty much coded and kinda dummy proof
    Didn't get the manual with the ski, it was bouught second hand.

Didn't get the manual with the ski, it was bouught second hand.
    ask the ex-owner if he can give it to you. if not I have a owners manual for a '04 RXP an I can post it here in your thread. would that help?

+1
    Thanks Jammer, I was able to download one from Seadoo.com!

Seems I will be seeing my dealer at 50hrs.

Ski gets washed and lubed after every ride

Please look at the record that the washers was change due to the ex-owner's request as a preventive measure and " NOT AS A RESULT OF A CERAMIC FAILURE" Otherwise..........................

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information