Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

2009 IJSBA World Finals POST Discussions

I'd like to start off by saying RIP Cesare Vismara….He left us too early, but he left us doing what he loved. GODSPEED! Vismara #1
    Another year in the books. Congrats to all the World Champions, both Domestic, and Foreign! You guys put on a good show! Weather was HOT, and so were the races!

I got a chance to meet a lot of folks from GH, all you guys are good people! Good meeting Brad Dawson, Billy Dearman, One1One (cant recall your name. sorry), IEGPR, Don (D.P.), Tyson (R3 Killa), Gary (GCM), Steve, and the rest of the Cayman Island crew.
    Also great seeing Carlos Thomas, Jerry, his wife, Hydrotoys, Nils, WaterWoody, Kevin, Jim Lambert from Norcal, Skip and the Team Moto crew, JJ, Macc, Warner, Mannie , man, so many people I met up with this weekend, great seeing and talking to everyone! Oh, I almost forgot Tony K, and Flying Brian!
    K38 did a great job this week as well. Must acknowledge them for being on the water for over 8 hours a day! It was 100* the entire weekend, cant imagine what that’s like in a full on wetsuit!

I took a lot of pics, I need to sort thru them and upload them. I think I personally drank about $30 bucks with of Monster energy drinks this weekend LOL….

Big props to all the racers in Amature Open to forfeit, giving Vismara the #1 overall, as well as the purse that came with it. MUCH respect to all you guys! That's a total CLASS ACT in my book! You know who you are, and I got nothing but respect for that! In addition, I'm not sure who did it, but someone cut a ton of stickers overnite honoring Vismara. That’s also a class act in my book.

A few races stood out to me, and a few boats as well. Their was an all RED RXP that just holeshotted like crazy in one of the races! Also, Macc's holeshot on the 1st Pro RA Open race on Sunday. He timed it perfect! Antees and Warner settled in, after a couple laps, they were a few seconds behind Macc. Warner in 3rd was on Antees tail, they hit the split, and took different routes, when they came to the merge, they were neck and neck….Warner never let off, he had the inside lane, thus passing Antees, just then Macc's boat went down, and Warner passed Macc.A lot of other good battles went on thru the race for 2nd and 3rd place as well.
    The two GTI DOO's are FAST! Ruiz on Friday or sat (cant remember) also had his Yammi going really well, that boat was moving!
    Couple of RXP's in another race were rail to rail most of the race. Also witnessed a rider getting pump stuffed on the back stretch. He was all alone, WOT and all you see is an RXP nose dive, and rider go flying. Scarry crap!

Another memorable moment was at the freestyle when a Japanese rider did like 5 or 6 consecutive back flips. That was crazy!

One race I'd wish I had not witnessed was the fatal race. Maybe an image that will stick with me for a long time…RIP Vismara….Your sticker will be on my boat for my next race!

What were your W.F memories? Good or bad accepted, just no bitching….
    Last edited by Dubz1; 10-19-2009 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Should read 2009..Not 2010.

OOPS..I'm a year off LOL..Can a MOD change the date to 2009? Thanks..It was a LONG weekend...I even forgot my ATM PIN # !

+1
    Hey Dubz...great meeting you and the rest of the crew! Hope to see more GH members next year!

+1
    So, what a weekend!!! Just want to start out with saying I'm still a bit in shock about Cesare. I witnessed the whole collision and it's something I will never forget or ever want to see again. I was lucky to spend some time with team Serbia on Thursday night and they are by far the greatest people I met. And l must say thank you to K38! It takes a special kind of person to do what Shawn and her group dose. My WF started out with my arrival in Havasu on Thursday evening. After getting a room and some dinner I went down to Kocamos. Met some very nice people and had a few too many 25 cent shots. Got up the next morning and can’t find my ATM card. So I spent an hour at the bank taking care of that crap. Met up with a family that had never road a jet ski so I gave them a quick lesson and let them use the wave venture. They had a blast. After an hour on the water I went out to Crazy horse. Vendor ally was packed with people and ski bling. The best booth award from me goes to Monster. They had a double decked semi trailer that folded open and they gave away free Monsters all weekend! It was the best seat in the house. After the accident I was just too sick to my stomach so I started for the gate. As luck would have it OU812 calls and he is just pulling in so I head to the condo. Well of course we started renchen on one of his skis. Then the phone starts in and it’s time to meet every one at Golden Horseshoe. Well if you have seen Woody’s pics you know it was a good time. After dinner we got to spend some time at Lowell and Emmys and had some of her delicious pumpkin pie. The next day a early morning out on the lake and then back to racing. It was nice to just hang out with everyone and not be on a schedual. Even Greenhulk was able to relax a bit. The group dinner ended the night with the viewing of the LB2CAT dvd. Sunday stated at 5 AM with a nice ride. Thanks Brian for letting me ride the I.S. that thing is fun to ride. Hung out at the Monster booth again all day. The best part is meeting so many GH members! Got home around 10 PM and the week has started again. Cant wait for next year and if you have not ever gone to WF you must try. Hope everone made it home safe.

+1
    Avatar is sweet Kris! Great times/great people. The buffet was my favorite part...

+1
    It was so good to see so many of you guys again and meet some new faces. Carey and I really enjoyed hanging out with you guys. We'll definitely be back next year

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information