Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

AFR Help please!!!!!!!

Here's the deal. I've got a dual reg setup, riva ecu, 50# injectors. I went out today to take advantage of the cool weather and when I made my first pass the afr was good and it was running good. After I let off it died and wouldn't start. I pulled the seat off and my hose going to the fuel rail was loose and dumping out fuel. I towed it over to the dock and waited while my buddy went to get a wrenchto tighten it. While he was gone I had to run the bilge pump a few times. Iknow where the leak is just wanted to test while it was cool. He came back, I tightened the fitting, no more fuel leak. It fired up and idled good. went to run it and and couldn't go over 5000 rpm's because it was leaning out so bad. I adjusted both regs every way possible and nothing changed so I hobbled back to the launch. I got home and checked the reg's by hooking up the boost lines to the compressor and they rose like the were supposed to. I have no real idea what to do next. The only thing I could think of was the battery was low from running the bilge pump and was causing the injectors not to fire. Any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Sorry for being so long winded.

Thanks, Mongo

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    You didn't run out of fuel at high RPM did you If the battery restarted the ski... it wasnt nearly drained, doubt thats your problem.

It did't act like it was out of fuel until it died and I tried to restart it. Also I tried to bypass the BEGI and just crank up the rrfpr to 60 and it didn't make a difference. I cranked it up to 70 and it was too rich to start.

+1
    Got a pic of your set-up?

It's the turbo tech terminator setup.

Try a set of plugs. You may have glazed them going lean all of a sudden. If you don't mind me asking. What was the reasoning behind running a dual reg. setup with the Riva ECU?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dduck1628 View Post
    Try a set of plugs. You may have glazed them going lean all of a sudden. If you don't mind me asking. What was the reasoning behind running a dual reg. setup with the Riva ECU?
    +1. on the plugs and there is ussualy no need to run a begi with the riva ecu unless running more than 16 lbs of boost with 60lb or larger injectors.
    Is it stumbleing at 5000 rpms or running smooth?

I'm running more than 16#'s of boost, and i wanted to not have to change oil all the time because of fuel getting into it. I would have thought if the plugs were bad it would show rich instead of lean. At 5000 it starts to get pretty lean like an afr of 15 to 16 and gets worse from there up.

Thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mongo View Post
    I'm running more than 16#'s of boost, and i wanted to not have to change oil all the time because of fuel getting into it. I would have thought if the plugs were bad it would show rich instead of lean. At 5000 it starts to get pretty lean like an afr of 15 to 16 and gets worse from there up.

Thanks
    Ah ok. Do you have a way to watch your fuel pressure when it goes lean? Sounds like the fuel pump is chitting out or possibly something clogged. Also if the begi is allowing to much rise it will cut out once the pressure is more than the pump can handle and go lean. It is possible that since your fuel line was loose you were bleeding off some pressure there and now that its tight your pressure is to high. Although I would think that if it was bleeding off pressure you would have noticed the fuel smell.
    Wait scratch that, since you bypassed the begi and it did the same thing this would not be the problem.
    Here is a simple test you can do to test the pressure of your pump although it wont tell you anything about volume if there was a blockage.
    Just pinch the fuel return line and plug the lanyard in while looking to see what the pressure reaches. This will tell you the max pressure your pump is making.

I'll try pinching the line off tomorrow. I dialed the turbo smart in as much as it would go earlier and it goes to 85psi also the fuel pump is a walbro with about 2 hours on it. I guess I'll try new plugs tomorrow.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information