+1

Aftermarket ride plates

his guy's,i would like to ask a few questions re: aftermarket ride plates,im planning to change my stock ride plate of my xp 800 to maybe improved the handling more,so far iv already got a odyssey sponsons,r&d intake grate,r&d extender kit,r&d steering nozzle and skat-track magnum pump.would changing my stock ride plate impoved my handling further?

thanks

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Well, you should have posted before you bought handling mods. Sell the R&D grate and get a Worx, I don't like trim tabs at all, but if you must have them, get the R&D 3 degree tabs so you don't kill 2 mph on top and excessively load your engine.

There is no better ride plate for an X-4 hull.

Removing the hook on a stock hull (area that tapers down at the rear bottom of hull, right before tabs), and shimming the stock tabs at the back, will eliminate porpoising. I can trim mine all the way up wot, with a pump wedge, and have no porpoising, while standing on the back.

+1
    whats the diff. bet the r&d and worx grate?umm...i have r&d grate on both my 800,do you know how much the worx grate retails?

and what do you mean by trim tabs?sorry for my ignorance,i live in asia,and maybe we have diff. terms for the parts that we use.but i purchase all of my parts in u.s when i go there for vacation.prob. is we dont have much comparison here to know which parts/mods is better than the another.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nikko mercado View Post
    whats the diff. bet the r&d and worx grate?umm...i have r&d grate on both my 800,do you know how much the worx grate retails?

and what do you mean by trim tabs?sorry for my ignorance,i live in asia,and maybe we have diff. terms for the parts that we use.but i purchase all of my parts in u.s when i go there for vacation.prob. is we dont have much comparison here to know which parts/mods is better than the another.
    I know had an R&D on my old '95 XP (same hull as your boat) and swapped it for a Worx. It was a huge difference in ride, handling, and speed in the chop. I only use Worx or stock on my boats now.

The trim tabs are the black plastic plates that are bolted to the underside of the hull right at the back edge. There is one on either side of the pump.

+1
    oh now i see...i gotta look for worx grates now and try it myself..anyway,thanks guys.

95spi w\factory pipe/96xp Diggler's Avatar
    hey crunch!! Did your R&D grate look almost similar to that worx grate with the center foil that has a little cut out in the center of that like an aqua vain. I dont know if my deep loader grate is an R&D or jet dynamics or what ever it is. Its just the one bar style grate with the big giant deep foil scoop on it in the center. Ill try to get a pic. Have heard good stuff on that worx grate for an x4 though, I buy used on ebay when it comes to aftermarket parts like this and am not paying 125 or so for a new intake grate that prolly works as good as the one I am running.
    Last edited by Diggler; 11-04-2009 at 09:21 AM.

+1
    RUN JET DYNAMICS INTAKE GRATE WITH STOCK RIDE PLATE AND R & d TRIM TABS WITH AFTER MARKET SPONSONS. THIS WORKS VERY WELL IN ROUGH WATER.

Thread Information