Fogging 951 engine

I've got the sportster le di with the 951 fuel injected engine and I'm about to put it away for winter and I had a question for you guys. I have tried fogging the engine thru the tube on the intake silencer with the engine running and it does not seem to work very well. The lube doesn't seem to get sucked into the engine. So, I was wondering if I were to remove the intake silencer and just spray fogging oil into the intake throat with the engine off, if that would be good enough to lube the intake portion of the engine and then do the normal fogging inside the cylinder thru the spark plug holes? What do you guys think?

Thanks

+1
    That is not as good and it will not protect you.

951s are prone to rust on the wrist pin bearings in not fogged or run (running it for 30-40 seconds once a week is better than fogging, imo). The only way to get those wrist pin bearings well coated while fogging is to spray it with the engine turning.

I rigged up a thing with a "T" fitting and three pieces of weed eater fuel line that works pretty well on 951s.

+1
    Trust me when I say this, Andy is the fogging king!!!!!! He has killed all the mosquitos in my neighborhood fogging his ski out front.
    SHOOTER

I have never fogged my 97.5 GSXL or my 96 GTI and I bought them both new. All I do is pour some antifreeze in the block and they stay outside all the time. Heck I still have the gray fuel lines and the filters are always clean

I always wonder about fogging but since it's a 2 stroke it fogs it's self everytime I start it

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingJake View Post
    I have never fogged my 97.5 GSXL or my 96 GTI and I bought them both new. All I do is pour some antifreeze in the block and they stay outside all the time. Heck I still have the gray fuel lines and the filters are always clean

I always wonder about fogging but since it's a 2 stroke it fogs it's self everytime I start it
    take the grey lines out and you will see the crud in them, just like clogged arteries, I'l be waiting on the next thread, "my engine leaned out...but why?"

+1
    On a white 951 no less.

I no longer fog them since Jake is right in that by running they will preserve themselves. BUT, you have to do it frequently enough for it to work. I run mine once a week all year long (and yes, they are outside) for between 35-45 seconds (just long enough for them to get some heat built up inside).

I know guys who have let 951s sit for only two weeks and the engine siezed on rusted cylinder walls. It may not have happened yet, but it is likely to do so.

How lucky do you feel...?

I'm not lucky I'm just good 12 years so far, if I have to set a goal I say 20 years

Maybe the SeaDoo Gods are looking out for me, must be a few factor's that help. I buy my gas from the same Exxon station since Feb 98. I always check the carb filter's and they are clean as a whistle, fuel lines are clean inside and no crud. They look like new and she has over 150 hard hr's ?? I feel some gas additives maybe causing fuel line problems ??

As for rust in the cylinders ?? when I'm done for the day and they are both on the trailer, I start them up and go to WOT a few times to blow the water out the exhaust. Then park them outside.

The funny thing is the wife is always flipping the GSXL upside down everytime we go out and it take's her a few minute's to get it backup. If something was going to happen I figure it would happen around then

Maybe I am just lucky, but it works for me.

I'm trying to kill the white motor but she just won't die

+1
    More power to you then.

Perhaps someone dropped some Holy Water in that GSXL while they were building it.

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by KrunchovXPL-GTX-RX View Post
    More power to you then.

Perhaps someone dropped some Holy Water in that GSXL while they were building it.
    send me some of that water this way pleaseee!!!!

Thread Information