Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs down Lissy's Polaris in Wilmington , IL?

Anyone ever deal with these guys? I have a MSX150 I bought the wife and its over heating and losing coolant.

Got the MXS at Leaders Marine of Kalamazoo , MI with a extended warranty. (Pinnacle protection plan)

Lissy's asked where I bought it and the warranty plan. Then said they didn't take that plan. They are 10 minutes from the house.
    I ended up driving about 200 miles round trip because Nielsen's in Lake Villa , IL would take the plan.
    Did Lissy's lie about the warranty because I didn't buy it there? Only heard good things about Lissy's work.
    Right now I say Lissy's sux big time!

Ride Mohave To Havasu. Live In Los Angeles.
    It very well could be that this Lissy's place doesn't take your particular aftermarket extended warranty. If it was a Polaris extended warranty than they would have to take it. You might want to call your warranty co. and get a list of nearby places that accept it. Obviously the selling dealer does but he is far away.

+1
    did you try the polaris dealer in shorewood on rt 52.

+1
    Busa, what did they find wrong with your ride?

I wanted the best to work on my ride. I talked with Shorewood for the after break-in checkup. They told me they dont do alot of work on the waverunners . Just what they told me, so I had no intention of taking it there.

Neilsen's has it as of 9am 8/23/06. No word yet.

Neilsen's also seems to be the only dealer near that works on Seadoo & Polaris.

A coolant hose was leaking. Melted a hole in the expansion bottle due to coolant leaking and running hot. Neilsens called Thursday, it was ready for pickup. I could not believe they came up with a replacement bottle in a day.

+1
    It's great they got you fixed up.
    Love your avatar!!

+1
    Ive delt with both Lissys for my Sled and Shorewood home and auto
    For my Daytona 1000.Lissys quoted me a price on my motor then fixed it and charged me triple of what they quoted me.told me to bad ..pay or dont get me motor back.
    Shorewood home and auto is were i bought my tigershark from.They kept telling me my title was in the mail for like 6 months finally had to call the DNR on them,they still dont like seeing me walk in the store

Snoman

Those were the kind of stories I have heard of Lissy's. I word try Shorewood for basic stuff. But when it comes to very indepth engine diagonostics or rebuild. I think I would drive the 200 mile round trip to Nielsen's in Lake Villa. I am very pleased with time frame. Only one catch, I have to pay upfront then send info in for extended warranty reinbustment.

Jug Inspector
    I've never heard anything good about them, ever. I have dealt with the place in Shorewood, great prices and a decent stock (polaris and surprisingly T-shark parts). Is RJ's recreational gone? I used to go there as a kid all the time, and I've been there a few time to their new place in West Chicago. Polarisindustries.com lists them as a dealer but when you click their web site it comes up "not found". It's been doing that for months now. Maybe try calling?

Bryan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information