Unhappy What am i missing ???

The 04 150 has been running hot.I have blown all incoming and outgoing cooling lines with no obstructions.I have replaced the 3 head gaskets and the exhaust gasket.

Yet when i get it off the trailer within the first 5-10 minutes it runs hot and goes into limp mode.Plus the pissers are hardly pushing out any water.So i shut it off and put it back on the trailer.

I dont know what else to do other than take it to a mechanic.Please help.

+1
    Whats your prop to nozzle clearance?

Try pulling your pump and check the hole in the stator section for clogs. Next possible location would be the inlet to the water log. Do you have the tripple pisser kit?

Reduced flow out all the pissers usually points to a blockage somewhere between the pump and the water log unless you got alot of sand in the cooling passages.

Bad wear ring clearance could cause reduced flow but it would probably be cavitating really bad if that was it.

Quote Originally Posted by btldigger View Post
    Try pulling your pump and check the hole in the stator section for clogs. Next possible location would be the inlet to the water log. Do you have the tripple pisser kit?

Reduced flow out all the pissers usually points to a blockage somewhere between the pump and the water log unless you got alot of sand in the cooling passages.

Bad wear ring clearance could cause reduced flow but it would probably be cavitating really bad if that was it.
    Thanks BTLDIGGER,not sure about the tripple pisser kit?as i am still learning (slowly)about what and where things are located.There is 1 pisser to the front head that leads out to the right front.and 1 pisser each for the middle and back that lead out the back.It has only cavitated once about 2 yrs ago on a deceleration,but has not happend since.It was converted to premix before i bought it so not sure about any mods,but i think its pretty much stock.

If i pull the pump to check the hole in the stator section will i need to replace any gaskets or things of that nature?

Thanks again guys.

Update

Well i found my problem.

A small peice of wood stuck in the hole at the outside of the pump

When blowing air through it you couldn't tell anything was in there,but with a spot light you could just barely see some wood in there so had to use a peice of wire and high pressure air to finally get it out

Thanks guys for the helpful tips.

+1
    Thanks for the follow-up......very helpful learning tool

+1
    Thanks for telling us what you found. Many people never tell us what they end up finding.

The triple pisser mod directs the flow from the rear outlets to a place where you can monitor them (you mount them where you want them). This is a very useful mod, inexpensive, and it can save you a lot of headaches.

Another thing you might consider is installing a strainer for the water inlet. It wouldn't have helped in this case, but it will keep trash from getting into the engine.

Good to hear you found it. I had a suspicion that is where you would find the problem. I like the strainer but I had one blow apart so be carefull if you do it. There is a write up in the mods thread in my sig.

good deal

Thread Information