Thread: vx-sho

vx-sho

i am looking at buying the shell of a vx sport..for 100$...do you think that i would be able to drop the 1.8 into it...and get some good results ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXTXMAN View Post
    i am looking at buying the shell of a vx sport..for 100$...do you think that i would be able to drop the 1.8 into it...and get some good results ?

I posted about this awhile back. With the success of some on c/c with the turbo gti's i thought maybe this would be an interesting build. The guys from riva have dropped a supercharged fx motor in a vx and they didnt seem to be very positive about it. I know the hull is not very good for top speed but either is a gti. I would say go for it , i would be very interested in what happens.

sounds good thank rush..do you think the hull will be able to handle higher speeds

Quote Originally Posted by RUSH. View Post
    I posted about this awhile back. With the success of some on c/c with the turbo gti's i thought maybe this would be an interesting build. The guys from riva have dropped a supercharged fx motor in a vx and they didnt seem to be very positive about it. I know the hull is not very good for top speed but either is a gti. I would say go for it , i would be very interested in what happens.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXTXMAN View Post
    sounds good thank rush..do you think the hull will be able to handle higher speeds

From what i have been told they are just hard to get speed out of, not much about how they handle at speed. Looking at the hull design I think it will turn well and be good for close course. The turbo gti guys have said that there is nothing you can do to get a gti over 80-82mph but that is plenty for c/c and the hull sticks and turns so well. I think the same is tru for the vx and I would love to do a project like this. Who nows maybe you create a whole new race setup that everyone copies

- the only problem i see is the tunnel and pump size, do some research and measuring to see how big it is compared the the sho/fzr hulls. As far as the rest goes it will definately fit.

Thread Information