Thread: RXT with X-mods

RXT with X-mods

I am about to take the plunge. I have an 07 RXT with Riva S1, top speed 66.1. Now upgrading to an X-charger, 42's, X intercooler, X-waterbox with manifold extender, rrfpr, riva thermostat, x-free flow exhaust, 15/20 prop and reduction nozzle. Also have springs and retainers anticipating some increased rev since riding in chop at times.

What are anticipated speeds, and any more recommended mods?

Thanks.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by comish71 View Post
    I am about to take the plunge. I have an 07 RXT with Riva S1, top speed 66.1. Now upgrading to an X-charger, 42's, X intercooler, X-waterbox with manifold extender, rrfpr, riva thermostat, x-free flow exhaust, 15/20 prop and reduction nozzle. Also have springs and retainers anticipating some increased rev since riding in chop at times.

What are anticipated speeds, and any more recommended mods?

Thanks.
    I anticipate the Riva Stage I should be getting you a little more than 66.1. I think you should have been at 66.1 running stock. Maybe I'm wrong, but I saw 66ish after a Stage I on a 185hp ski, with a stock speed of 62 mph.

After you add these mods you should be increasing the RPMs, however, the stock ECU will limit them to not much more than 8150, I think. You will have to bend/modify the prop to get optimal RPM. I think the springs and retainers shouldn't be necessary until you add an ECU.

What RPM are you currently running?

+1
    I think with those mods add. You would see 72-73mph. I agree with JP springs and reteiners is for aftermarket ECU Rev at 8600+rpm's. Your X-charger would only put out about 10-11 psi at 8100-8120rpm's. To get the max of this setup your RRFPR at 60psi with the 42's. Also you need to pitch that 15/20 to bring the rpm's at less 40prm's more or install the Rad4 Torque Plate it would give you about 40-60 more rpm's. If you install the Torque Plate don't pitch the impeller and install a 82mm nozzle ring. I had this setup before and in a good weather and water day was seeing 73.5-74.0mph.

TB mod

I would go for the Rossnemo throttle body mod. I noticed the difference right away. Ski was much more responsive and "snappy" It's super easy to do and doesn't cost much.

Thanks for the replies guys. Speeds of top speed of 66.1 was always in a little chop. Unfortunately it all sea and ocean around me so no waveless lakes to ride in. Also, water temp is consistently in 80's, outside temp 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiburon1264 View Post
    I think with those mods add. You would see 72-73mph. I agree with JP springs and reteiners is for aftermarket ECU Rev at 8600+rpm's. Your X-charger would only put out about 10-11 psi at 8100-8120rpm's. To get the max of this setup your RRFPR at 60psi with the 42's. Also you need to pitch that 15/20 to bring the rpm's at less 40prm's more or install the Rad4 Torque Plate it would give you about 40-60 more rpm's. If you install the Torque Plate don't pitch the impeller and install a 82mm nozzle ring. I had this setup before and in a good weather and water day was seeing 73.5-74.0mph.

do you think that i can tune the rpms with the nozzle or will i still need to have the prop pitched.
    Last edited by comish71; 10-27-2009 at 01:13 PM.

Will the stock exhaust tubing of rxt work with rxtx waterbox and riva free flow exhaust and riva intercooler/bracket? trying to keep stock hull exit site.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by comish71 View Post
    Will the stock exhaust tubing of rxt work with rxtx waterbox and riva free flow exhaust and riva intercooler/bracket? trying to keep stock hull exit site.
    Stock exhaust is a bit cluttery. Opt for the through-hull exhaust to clear a lot of the clutter.

any other options to keep the stock exit site?

Thread Information