Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: more rpm?

more rpm?

skoepp here helped me greatly by selling me a rxp computer and fuel pump pressure regulator. really woke up my 185hp 03. it seems to be limitied to 7,300rpm. what does it take to get an inexpensive 7,600 rpm box? stock injectors and air intake system. do not want more noise riding ski so afraid to change air system or exhaust. seems to have enough power to rev the last 300 rpm but the ignition seems to be the limit. right? wrong? will a 7,600 work and install in my 03? anyone have such a thing available? bob

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by caflashbob View Post
    skoepp here helped me greatly by selling me a rxp computer and fuel pump pressure regulator. really woke up my 185hp 03. it seems to be limitied to 7,300rpm. what does it take to get an inexpensive 7,600 rpm box? stock injectors and air intake system. do not want more noise riding ski so afraid to change air system or exhaust. seems to have enough power to rev the last 300 rpm but the ignition seems to be the limit. right? wrong? will a 7,600 work and install in my 03? anyone have such a thing available? bob
    Bob, its been so long since i sold you the parts. Do you remember if i sold you a piggyback knock sensor with that ecu or did you pick one up? I cant remember.
    Why do you want to go back to a gtx ecu at 7,600 rpm, you just need to get your rpms up with what you have.
    Let me know your setup again via thread or pm and well get it figured out.

What is your GPS speed at 7300 rpms? My '03 GTX SC runs 7600 rpms at 63 mph GPS speed on Lake Erie, which is fast enough on 3's to 5's.... Ron

7600 rpm

so the std rpm of the 03 gtx sc and the later rxp's is 7,600? so I am just down on hp? stock air intake the problem? thanks everyone. bob

+1
    so the std rpm of the 03 gtx sc and the later rxp's is 7,600? so I am just down on hp? stock air intake the problem? thanks everyone. bob

If it's an 04 RXP ECU and you didn't also install the knock sensor piggy back harness then that's the cause of your low RPM's

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    If it's an 04 RXP ECU and you didn't also install the knock sensor piggy back harness then that's the cause of your low RPM's
    also I have found that when using a 2005 RXT/RXP ecu in a 2004 ski, the piggy back adapter was necessary.

your RPM`s are way low, you should be seeing 8100+, there are some things that may be holding you back from reaching peak rpm, as the design and mapping of the 215 ecu`s had more fuel pressure and higher boost than the 185.
    so, I`m sure skoep filled you in on what to do... 2 easy mods, 58psi reg and change the wheel in the SC...

yes you did any way to know if it works? you also sold me a fuel pressure regulator. how can I tell if its the 58 pound and if its working correctly? changing the sc wheel is probably not what I want to do. stock 03 sc with new shaft and steel washers. done by jerry. the rxp ecu and a 58? psi pressure regulator. 12/19? repitched prop by impros. stock everything else.

here is you pm to me a year ago:

yes no other parts needed. i am just not sure if you need to get it programed or not. Jerry had indicated by me that it was install and go. Send GH a pm and tell him that you are looking at getting a 05 rxp ecu to install on your 03 gtx. tell him that the 05 ecu has not been flashed for knock sensor. If he thinks is best to get it flashed then i have the piggyback that is needed. Ask him if you can just change ecu,s and go. i would ask Jerry but I bother him all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    Bob, its been so long since i sold you the parts. Do you remember if i sold you a piggyback knock sensor with that ecu or did you pick one up? I cant remember.
    Why do you want to go back to a gtx ecu at 7,600 rpm, you just need to get your rpms up with what you have.
    Let me know your setup again via thread or pm and well get it figured out.

yes you did any way to know if it works? you also sold me a fuel pressure regulator. how can I tell if its the 58 pound and if its working correctly? changing the sc wheel is probably not what I want to do. stock 03 sc with new shaft and steel washers. done by jerry. the rxp ecu and a 58? psi pressure regulator. 12/19? repitched prop by impros. stock everything else.
    I`m just relaying to you that your not really benefiting completely bc the rxp/rxt ecu`s are mapped for more fuel and boost and intercooled to boot...

there will be a rotax part number on the fuel pressure reg...

although there are a few fast ski`s that are not intercooled...

I def recommend trying the pigtail adapter, I think it`s like 50 bux... otherwise your not running your machine correctly, and your at even lower rpm than a stock 185 ecu @ 7600.

at best you`ll gain a little speed from the higher rpms...
    the 12\19 seems to sound right. you`ll need an exhaust mod and air mod to run a 12\20,,,

+1
    +1 on the pig tail. After installing that you will need less prop to get the rpms up to 8100. The rpms are not just going to come by adding the ecu if there is to much pitch on the prop.

Pigtail

Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    +1 on the pig tail. After installing that you will need less prop to get the rpms up to 8100. The rpms are not just going to come by adding the ecu if there is to much pitch on the prop.
    The pigtail I got was a small wire with a bulge in it to put it in line with the knock sensor? My mechanic installed it as far as I know. What was the reference to flashing the ecu and what does that do?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information