Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Pro785

+1

Pro785

I got a line on another Pro for sale. 700.00 doesnt start, turns over. 2000 ,bone stock,-67 hrs, 250 shipping,mint condition inside and out, Comp no. 120,90,110 not in order sorry.. not sure which is which.
    Do I have the fever to own a limited and a stock machine? U betcha! lol
    Is that a good deal? Then I'd have 2!. Opps, would have to ax the Slt.

That would be cool to own a "original" and a "limited race boat". Keep one stock and Mod the other one totally out!

100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by bowsniper View Post
    I got a line on another Pro for sale. 700.00 doesnt start, turns over. 2000 ,bone stock,-67 hrs, 250 shipping,mint condition inside and out, Comp no. 120,90,110 not in order sorry.. not sure which is which.

That would be cool to own a "original" and a "limited race boat". Keep one stock and Mod the other one totally out!
    you dont want my 2 cents
    those 2 pennys will help you into the poor house
    J/K Go for it
    i got a site unseen pro i bought still in shipping
    matt

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bowsniper View Post

The compression is getting a little low on two of the jugs. Pro stuff is tougher to find and a lot more money. I love my pro but she's a high maintenance kind of gal. The price sounds good if you can do the work yourself. Hayabusa bought a mint one from Lugs for $1,800 ready for the lake.
    So $950 delivered plus some top end work might put you close to that. I haven't looked at pro piston prices lately, but you might be looking at 3 new pistons, rings and a hone if not a bore and re-plating. Just something to think about, and that's all assuming the lower end is good.
    Sorry I sound like Johnny rain drop, just giving some thoughts. I'm close to you so if you pick it up and need a hand let me know. Mike

I had 2 pros for a while, one for me and one for the wife. The only thing that suxs is the fuel. With both of us on the water, you needed a fuel tanker following to go for any distance. I got rid of one of the pros for a SLXH for the wife, this way i had a tow home when I ran out of gas.
    Just something to think about.

+1
    Gas hog huh? My other 750 Slt is great on gas actually. You can run it for like 4 or 5 hrs wide open. Well, I'd be riding just 1 at a time so.....or have a buddy buy thier own gas for it.
    Would make a great parts- ski. Could I just re-ring it instead to bump the compression up? Thats providing the pistons are still good. It also would be cool to work on it and find out whats up with it and fix it. I wouldnt mind it being stranded on land for a while.
    Usually around these parts-- we just go out on the lake, cruise around for a while, maybe shoot over to someplace and back home to relax near the marina ,tie off and hanging out in the bay.
    I would guess maybe 15-20 times in a summer is average. A few trips to where the big parties on the lake throughout the summer. So I figure about 10 tanks max each summer.
    I have time to decide so. we'll see how the First one goes. If I sell the SLT I'll have cash for the new ski too!.
    If I get it, cmon by and check it out! (ujustlost)

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ujustlost View Post
    The compression is getting a little low on two of the jugs. Pro stuff is tougher to find and a lot more money. I love my pro but she's a high maintenance kind of gal. The price sounds good if you can do the work yourself. Hayabusa bought a mint one from Lugs for $1,800 ready for the lake.
    So $950 delivered plus some top end work might put you close to that. I haven't looked at pro piston prices lately, but you might be looking at 3 new pistons, rings and a hone if not a bore and re-plating. Just something to think about, and that's all assuming the lower end is good.
    Sorry I sound like Johnny rain drop, just giving some thoughts. I'm close to you so if you pick it up and need a hand let me know. Mike
    What parts are hard to find? Just curious.

I've got 71.5mm Wiseco pistons for sale $225 for 3 new and 1 LN with rings clips and pins.

+1
    if this is the 785 in S Carolina it needs some work plus i don't think he has paper on it yet .

Nice guy though

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Sounds ALOT like that one......

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    What parts are hard to find? Just curious.

I've got 71.5mm Wiseco pistons for sale $225 for 3 new and 1 LN with rings clips and pins.
    I would not call them "hard" to find just a little tougher than the rest of the Polaris craft. Cases, jugs, rods, valve motors, almost all of it other than the standard stuff that fits all the other sl style watercraft.
    Sounds like a good price on the pistons. I would say that its too bad I don't need them, but its a good thing that I don't need them.

Sounds like the ski would make a great winter time killer!

I'D RATHER SWEAT THAN SHIVER hyoctane23's Avatar
    +1
    I have two Pros now..only problem is that when I'm riding one, my friends want to ride the other! That is when they both ran...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information