Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

RXT iS winterizing

My local dealer wants to take the top deck off the ski to pull the Supercharger/IC to drain it completly. Full winterazation with oil change will cost me $200-$300! I call BS on this.

All I need to do is blow ALL the water out of the machine as I plan on hauling the ski to Florida around Thanksgiving. What is the best way to clear the water out to prevent freezing?

Thank you!!!

You can raise the swim platform up and take the screws out of the rear well on the left remove the shock and take the well/storage compartment out. The right side rear compartment comes out by removing the two push pins. Both water hoses are on that side. I'll take a pick and post it. I paid for my first 10hr oil change and maintenance but will do all future oil changes myself. Buy the oil/pump and save alot of money.

Good Luck, Ken

+1
    IMO hook an air hose to the flush fitting on the back left corner of the ski and blow the water out.

Here you go left side then right side.

Good luck, Ken
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1030052.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	251.2 KB 
ID:	155962   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1030053.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	334.0 KB 
ID:	155963   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1030054.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	262.2 KB 
ID:	155964   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1030055.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	332.7 KB 
ID:	155965  

+1
    Hey Ken you should see how easy it is to work on the 2010 RXT-X... it has so much room in the hull you can sleep in it lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken IS255 View Post
    You can raise the swim platform up and take the screws out of the rear well on the left remove the shock and take the well/storage compartment out. The right side rear compartment comes out by removing the two push pins. Both water hoses are on that side. I'll take a pick and post it. I paid for my first 10hr oil change and maintenance but will do all future oil changes myself. Buy the oil/pump and save alot of money.

Good Luck, Ken
    I winterized my IS yesterday... The shock that holds up the rear platform is a really shitty design! The shock is held up by PLASTIC pins on the top and the bottom of the shock! I broke one of the pins! I made a hose to blow 55 lbs of pressure through the water box and manifold area, fogged the cylinders, took the battery out! Noticed the the battery post have two loose metal blocks where the 10 mm bolt threads into that fall out! Another shitty design! I didn't have any water in the intercooler as I did rev it up too 4000 rpms off the hose for about 45 seconds. I liked your method of getting to the intercooler with out taking the deck off! Good idea Ken!

Quote Originally Posted by aha View Post
    Hey Ken you should see how easy it is to work on the 2010 RXT-X... it has so much room in the hull you can sleep in it lol!

This new S3 hull saves fiberglass splinters to boot! I like that a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by aha View Post
    IMO hook an air hose to the flush fitting on the back left corner of the ski and blow the water out.
    13mm or 1/2 hose from an auto store with 60 psi rating is suffecient! My biggest challenge was getting an half inch male water hose fitting! Found it after looking for it in 3 other stores! Most lawn in garden spots are replaced by Christmas tree items..
    Last edited by Muddy River; 10-23-2009 at 08:33 PM. Reason: spell

Quote Originally Posted by driveumhard View Post
    My local dealer wants to take the top deck off the ski to pull the Supercharger/IC to drain it completly. Full winterazation with oil change will cost me $200-$300! I call BS on this.

All I need to do is blow ALL the water out of the machine as I plan on hauling the ski to Florida around Thanksgiving. What is the best way to clear the water out to prevent freezing?

Thank you!!!
    Jeff... Bring it down and I will winterize for free! Muddy!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy River View Post
    This new S3 hull saves fiberglass splinters to boot! I like that a lot!
    True! You can easily see the ribbed design of the S3 hull with the new 2010 RXT-X... in the front they should have made more storage... no idea why they did not considering there is enough room in the front after pulling the storage bucket out for a 10 gallon gas can. IMO it has the capability to have as much storage as an Ultra.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information