RXP on Ebay...tax included?

I have seen a bunch of new RXPs for sale on Ebay for a really good price. When you buy something over Ebay does that total include tax?

HEre is a new RXP wit a buy it now of 8999. They have a RXT for 9499 as well and it is new.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-...19771817QQrdZ1

If they have a dealer license, then they have to charge tax if it's sold in that state. I think different laws apply for PWC's.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    when you buy a "NEW" ski at an out-of-state dealership, they will give you the MSO / CO .... you take that with the bill of sale to your resident DMV and pay sales tax to YOUR state.

if you buy from a dealership in your state, then they will charge you your state's sales tax on the spot in the paperwork.

ebay has nothing to do with collections of tax on motor vehicles, that's all done after the fact.

Shibby- Do you have to pay tax for a used pwc in your state? In Iowa you don't, just curious.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy River
    Shibby- Do you have to pay tax for a used pwc in your state? In Iowa you don't, just curious.
    legally and technically... you have to pay sales tax on every single motor vehicle/trailer purchase regardless of new or used...

i highly disapprove of this personally... i can understand a transaction fee and/or registration fee... but here if a car has had 10 owners, it had sales tax paid on it 10 different times.

granted, you can get around it, just write in a cheap sales price, or write that it was a gift.... but more recently NY DMV requires that the seller sign an affadavit of sale price or gift for tax purposes.... so it's either risk it and scribble a name, or convince the seller to sign the box and help you out with some savings and say it was a gift or it was a 100 bucks.

8.625% sucks it used to be 8.75% .... everytime i buy a new ski it's about 850 bucks

my truck was $3,000 in sales tax

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485
    legally and technically... you have to pay sales tax on every single motor vehicle/trailer purchase regardless of new or used...

i highly disapprove of this personally... i can understand a transaction fee and/or registration fee... but here if a car has had 10 owners, it had sales tax paid on it 10 different times.

granted, you can get around it, just write in a cheap sales price, or write that it was a gift.... but more recently NY DMV requires that the seller sign an affadavit of sale price or gift for tax purposes.... so it's either risk it and scribble a name, or convince the seller to sign the box and help you out with some savings and say it was a gift or it was a 100 bucks.

8.625% sucks it used to be 8.75% .... everytime i buy a new ski it's about 850 bucks

my truck was $3,000 in sales tax
    Even on watercraft and boats? I used to broker vehicles until a I got a letter in the mail from a DA telling me that he has red flagged my history of paying taxes for used vehicles. I sent him proof from each owner (bill of sale). I can see why you need an affadavit. I sold a 96 Maxima for 5800 and the guy said he paid a $100 for the car! In court he was pissed to find out that I paid 4300 for it, put I cleaned the fuel injectors and changed all the fluids detailed it, waxed it and put an exhaust system on it. I showed reciepts on this as well! I don't play pay half on taxes game anymore!!

+1
    yep even on watercraft and boats... i actually have the paperwork next to me bc i just picked up two used RXPs... and all vessels 1999 and newer require a little extra paperwork compared to prior years.

+1
    It all depends on the state where you reside..laws are different. A few states don't charge sales tax on a used resale. Some states (Georgia, I believe) charge the tax rate in the state/county you purchase the boat, even if you are a resident of a state where you have to pay tax when you register it. The good thing is, most states will deduct the tax paid at purchase in another state, from what tax is due upon registration. You might owe a few percent less, depending on the tax rate, but I doubt if you'll ever see a refund if you over paid.

Richard

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by way2fast
    but I doubt if you'll ever see a refund if you over paid.

Richard
    i always wondered that... i knew u could pay out of state and pay the balance when u get home, but i think ur right... ur chit outta luck if you overpay

Thread Information