Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need help Modding my 09 sho

Let me introduce my self. I recently (6 months ago) purchased my first jet ski an 09 sho. It now has 50 hours on it and i want to mod it after i have it serviced.

I currently have the riva power filter, Riva FF exhaust , Riva manifold upgrade. My current gps top speed gps 67.5. That is with 2 bars of fuel and 90 degree south florida weather. My goal is to reach 75 mph. I have jims ride plate in my garage which should add 4mph as im reading in the threads.

I dont want to spend the $ on an ecu and Im a fan of riva parts. I want to upgrade the supercharger. Can i use the c1-11 without the powershot? Yes i know the c1-11 is an R&d product.

Has anyone done the b1 with the powershot?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by njm5 View Post
    Let me introduce my self. I recently (6 months ago) purchased my first jet ski an 09 sho. It now has 50 hours on it and i want to mod it after i have it serviced.

I currently have the riva power filter, Riva FF exhaust , Riva manifold upgrade. My current gps top speed gps 67.5. That is with 2 bars of fuel and 90 degree south florida weather. My goal is to reach 75 mph. I have jims ride plate in my garage which should add 4mph as im reading in the threads.

I dont want to spend the $ on an ecu and Im a fan of riva parts. I want to upgrade the supercharger. Can i use the c1-11 without the powershot? Yes i know the c1-11 is an R&d product.

Has anyone done the b1 with the powershot?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    Congrats on the ski and welcome to the forum.

You can put a higher boost wheel but without boost fooling the ski, you will only see stock boost levels. To get any benefit of a higher boost wheel, the stock boost limiter needs to be fooled or bypassed.

Why don't you want to try the Powershot?

Not sure what it takes to get to 75 on an SHO but there are a lot of guys on here making that speed.

ECU would be a huge step in that direction...

Moderated
    welcome to the board, have a look at the sticky threads at the top of this page, theres tons of info on exactly what your after around here.

good luck and be sure to post your gains with us.

72.7 mph, '09 SHO, 160 lbs, 85 air/ 70 water, sea level, 2 bars of fuel, neutral trim, Riva power filter, Riva intake grate, Riva pump seal kit, Riva intake manifold upgrade, Riva free flow exhaust, Riva sponsons, Riva performance bov, Riva reduction nozzle, Riva engine breather kit, Riva stock intercooler upgrade kit, Riva B1 supercharger impeller, R&D powershot, 13/25 skat trak swirl impeller, Jims ride plate.

(SOME ADVICE NEEDED)

I just got my ski back in the water after being at riva for 3 weeks getting the second round of upgrades installed. I was riding out in the ocean today and noticed the ski was cavitating really bad and the back end was all over the place. What is wrong with my setup? Im also getting a low top speed compared to others with a similar set up. What do i need to tweek to get it to 74-75 mph?

My ski has been cavitating since i added the following:

Riva performance bov
    Riva reduction nozzle (middle ring)
    Riva engine breather kit
    Riva stock intercooler upgrade kit
    Riva B1 supercharger impeller
    R&D powershot
    13/25 skat trak swirl impeller
    Jims ride plate.

+1
    What ride plate did Jim mod for you? The stocker?

Also, you need to tell us what RPM you're at. That will help a lot in determining where you're losing speed. I suspect you will need to step down to the smallest nozzle ring. The 81mm one I believe.

Are you on the rev limiter on top end and do you have a boost gauge?

I have Jim's modified R&D ride plate. I do not have a boost gauge. Im not sure of the RPM, i will have to look tomorrow when i take it out. Thanks for the quick reply.

+1
    The modded R&D plate is a very loose setup. For rougher water you may think about having Jim mod your stock rideplate. It will give you much better hookup and handling but may shave off a little speed. Only about .5 mph or a tiny bit more.

Post up those RPMs as soon as you have it. Also listen carefully to see if you hear the ski on the rev limiter when making top speed runs.

here is an update: With a full tank and neutral trim i hit 69.5 at 7650-7750 RPM. Even further away from 75. Hitting the smallest wake and i was on the limiter. What is the redline on these skis? 7800?

+1
    I'm willing to bet there are a few issues.

1. You need to put the smallest nozzle ring in. It's 81mm I believe.
    2. You'll need to pull your prop out and check the pitch. It is most likely not a true 25 on the trailing edge and you'll need to add a little pitch to get it there. May even need to go to 26 degrees on it.

If you can't get off the rev limiter you're never going to get the speed you are shooting for.

Did RIVA log your air fuel ratio and adjust your powershot accordingly? If not you may want to think about doing that.

Something is definitely up. I can do 71.6 with a modified stock rideplate and I'm on stock boost. But that was in pretty cool weather. You may also need to upgrade your intercooler. I have no idea how the stock intercooler upgrade kit from RIVA performs with their B1 wheel. Did they say that would be enough?

3 x 1800 feeding my obsession sconti stellari's Avatar
    you may be on the boost limiter also, Jim has the fix for that.
    i am running 71 right now with similar mods, i am 100% sure im on the limiter I can hear it. the power shot lets you get to 10 psi but your wheel is trying to make more boost. hope this helps.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information