Exclamation seadoo rx problim

Hi i have a seadoo rx 00 when i take the ski out of the sea to go home as i start it to clear it out it reves up to the last and only way to stop it is to pull back the trotle could any one help me out tanks

Need more info,,

are you saying it is free reving to the rev limiter??

Define the steps you are doing and what is happening>>

Quote Originally Posted by dghal View Post
    Need more info,,

are you saying it is free reving to the rev limiter??

Define the steps you are doing and what is happening>>
    Ya it reving to the rev limiter and some times it will stop by the stop button and more times it wont .

+1
    Sounds like a lean runaway. Stock 951s are somewhat prone to this but it depends on how you treat them.

That is when they are healthy. If you have one with an old fuel system and restricted flow it is much easier to get it into that runaway. What happens that when you pull out and go to start it the engine is very hot (if you have ridden much at all) and then you start it with no water (which is the proper procedure) for a few seconds. On top of all that heat the stock carbs are a little lean on the pilot jet since they have the accel pump.

If you goose it a couple of times and do it one too many times it sucks too much fuel out and it will start to run faster and faster until it hit the rev limiter (leaner=more RPM, this is why it revs up on its own). Once it goes to the moon like that it will heat the spark plug up so much that even if you pull the lanyard or hit the button it will not shut off because it no longer needs a spark. There is a limit to how high it can rev, fortunately. The only way to stop it at that point is to get fuel in there. Thus, pulling the choke will kill it by stopping the air flow and forcing it to suck fuel into the engine.

The question of the day is, does it still have the gray fuel lines? If so, that is likely the root of your problem. There is a sticky at the top of this section on fuel system cleaning. Read and DO to fix your problem.

it still have the gray fuel lines
    do you know wat size fuel line is best

+1
    The 951 uses two sizes. The fuel supply lines are 8mm (5/16) and the return line and vents are 6mm (1/4).

I like to use Fuel Injection line since it has a bit thicker wall and more threads than regular fuel line. I have always used automotive line since it costs less than marine. I think most guys do. I only change the lines going to and from the carbs since the vent lines do not carry fuel (unless the boat is upside down and that is a bad day already).

The sticky should cover everything as far as what to do and how to do it. If you run into anything tough just ask.

Thumbs up

thanks for your help

+1
    Make sure you have some throttle play. You should have a little play at the thumb throttle lever. If its tight, that can be your problem.
    Also, do you have the fuel valve shut off when you pull it out? Make sure its on when you run it.
    SHOOTER

Thread Information