Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

I am getting ready to buy 2 new seadoo's...Located in Houston opinions please

Hey everyone...this is my first post on this site but I have been following greenhulk for some time...I have been wanting a jet ski for years (I use to own a seadoo xp a while ago) and I am just getting around to being able to buy one.

The plan is to buy a pair of skis so my gf/friends and I can go to the lake and ride together (everyone knows its alot more fun riding in pairs). I currently have a motorcycle that I will be trading in on the skis (approx trade in is 6k)

I went to a dealer the other day and they have their previous model year (2009) rxp for sale for 9k. He said they have a new 2009 rxt (the matchin pair) also available he thought for approx 10k.

Is this a good deal? I was hoping I could get OTD for around 20k for both of them, but I see some areas not close to me are looking at 18k OTD.

Also, seadoo offers 1200 off or 5.9%....which is the better deal to take? If I buy two ski's but financed in together would I get 2 times 1200 off or just one time 1200 off?

+1
    First welcome. There are great deals out there on left over models but you might have to drive for it. You did not say what dealer. I drive from Nederland to Conroe (2hrs) for my Seadoos now. Propowersports of Conroe made me what I felt like was a good deal on my RXTX, and they have taken care of me with my service needs, which alot of people dont think about when they buy, they just look for the best price (I know I was one). Not sure about 09s but if you can find some 08s you can get some really god deals on those, or hold out untill the 10s start to show up. Dont know about the incentives that BRP is offering now. But I would take the cash off verses lower apr.

Troy....appreciate the response I have actually read a few of your threads....

Are you located near houston?

As far as getting a seadoo, I am ok with an X model...I would just like one that is an rxp and one that is a rxt OTD for 20k...

Conroe is not very far at all from me so that drive would be no hassle....I heard that the older rxp's/rxt's have had some issues so I would atleast want a 2008 or newer....my thinking there is by 08 seadoo should have had time to fix some of those issues which I think they have...

would a seadoo rxp and rxt even be the best duo?

I dont like yamaha because of the water valve spraying in the back...i woudl liek to be able to tow people and towing becomes an issue when there is water spraying in the back

I think the seadoo's are pretty reliable at this point 08 or newer....and the rxt and rxp's I believe would give me the best power for my money...is this correct?

+1
    RXP-RXT pair would be great. The RXT will be great for towing. 08 or 09 and you will be fine. If it where me, I would get the RXP-X and a RXT. There are large numbers of RXT-X that have hull issues where as the RXT has not. The problem does not seem to be on hardly any RXP-Xs.
    On the Yamaha, the water visibility spout can be easily disabled.

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyc1423 View Post
    I dont like yamaha because of the water valve spraying in the back...i woudl liek to be able to tow people and towing becomes an issue when there is water spraying in the back
    Easily blocked with 10 minutes worth of work and a $3 PEX test plug from the hardware store.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyc1423 View Post
    if thats the only thing holding you back, that can be easily removed

hell, I will remove the visability spouts for free if you buy Yamaha

+1
    The only issues with the older RXP & RXTs have been supercharger clutch washers. The newer RXP & RXTs dont have any problems. I think that a RXP & RXT would be a great combo. I currently have a RXPX & RXTX. I love my PX, but I have had pump tunnel problems with the RXTX. I live in Nederland which is about 1 1/2hr from downtown Houston. Keep an eye on the Texas rides section, we have a good group of people that ride togther and we have some great rides that we post there. All I can say about price is shop around, and look for left over models. But if you need service I recommend Conroe.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    if thats the only thing holding you back, that can be easily removed

hell, I will remove the visability spouts for free if you buy Yamaha
    You should let all the Houston dealers know this. Yamaha sells will pick up.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KirkF350 View Post
    RXP-RXT pair would be great. The RXT will be great for towing. 08 or 09 and you will be fine. If it where me, I would get the RXP-X and a RXT. There are large numbers of RXT-X that have hull issues where as the RXT has not. The problem does not seem to be on hardly any RXP-Xs.
    On the Yamaha, the water visibility spout can be easily disabled.
    Dont listen to this guy......... Just kidding, Kirk is one of the good people that I ride with. RXPX and RXT would also be a good combo.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information