Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

MoTeC Launch Control for your Yamaha

One of the things I learned at the World Finals at the MoTeC training seminar was Launch Control. This basically allows you to manage the cavitation so that you don't spin like crazy and have a great hole shot from a dead start. I used it at the World Finals (thanks to Bill from R&D) and it works. No more cavitation.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Thomas View Post
    One of the things I learned at the World Finals at the MoTeC training seminar was Launch Control. This basically allows you to manage the cavitation so that you don't spin like crazy and have a great hole shot from a dead start. I used it at the World Finals (thanks to Bill from R&D) and it works. No more cavitation.
    So !! well... Whats the secret ??

+1
    This was discussed in the MoTeC thread quite a while ago.

I've tried to remember what was adjusted on the ECU but can't.

+1
    Generally it stops the ecu making full power and ramps the power in to stop the pump cavitating giving the ultimate start everytime when its set right.

The autronics system allows you to hold the throttle wide open whilst holding another button then when the lights go you just let go of the button and the ecu does the rest to get you off the line. Anti lag can be used to spool the turbo up at idle so you have full boost off the line. NO LAG!!!!! R88

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by R88ory RXP View Post
    Generally it stops the ecu making full power and ramps the power in to stop the pump cavitating giving the ultimate start everytime when its set right.

The autronics system allows you to hold the throttle wide open whilst holding another button then when the lights go you just let go of the button and the ecu does the rest to get you off the line. Anti lag can be used to spool the turbo up at idle so you have full boost off the line. NO LAG!!!!! R88

Keep us posted guys.......very interested.

+1
    When your MAP is open in the ECU manager. Go to ADJUST, then FUNCTION, then DRIVE BY WIRE, then POSITION TRANSLATION. This is where the Launch Control is set up. The Y axis needs to reflect time (FTpTms) or Speed. I will need to pull my MAP off of my ECU to see what it is set as. My Boat is in Los Angeles getting some hull damage from the World Finals taken care of. So I wont be able to look at it. We used someone elses laptop to modify my ECU at the World Finals. The X axis along the top is the Throttle Position from 0 to 100%.

In summary, when you pin it...you will be all the way to the bottom right. And that is where you cavitation is happening. You don't want to feather the throttle (which is a way to manage cavitation manually) you want the ECU to manage it. So you just pin it and basically within the first half second the ECU gives and takes power away...then kicks back in when the cavitation period is over...and goes to 100%.

You will need to test in order to get the setting right for you.

Man, that's great info bro! Thanks for sharing. I can't wait till time comes for me to get the Motec! Woo hooooo...

Banned User
    +1
    When your MAP is open in the ECU manager. Go to ADJUST, then FUNCTION, then DRIVE BY WIRE, then POSITION TRANSLATION. This is where the Launch Control is set up. The Y axis needs to reflect time (FTpTms) or Speed. I will need to pull my MAP off of my ECU to see what it is set as. My Boat is in Los Angeles getting some hull damage from the World Finals taken care of. So I wont be able to look at it. We used someone elses laptop to modify my ECU at the World Finals. The X axis along the top is the Throttle Position from 0 to 100%.

In summary, when you pin it...you will be all the way to the bottom right. And that is where you cavitation is happening. You don't want to feather the throttle (which is a way to manage cavitation manually) you want the ECU to manage it. So you just pin it and basically within the first half second the ECU gives and takes power away...then kicks back in when the cavitation period is over...and goes to 100%.

You will need to test in order to get the setting right for you.
    traction controll for the water

32 Valves To Love! Racecar_Dave's Avatar
    +1
    So it's just a throttle ramp? It doesnt use a driveshaft speed sensor?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Racecar_Dave View Post
    So it's just a throttle ramp? It doesnt use a driveshaft speed sensor?
    Yes, it is a time based throttle ramp. No need to use a driveshaft speed sensor as driveshaft rotation is 1:1 with the engine rpm.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information