best option for stripped intake grate bolt?!?!?!

hello, just looking for some advice. have an rxt and one of the rear bolts for intake grate has stripped out.

i looked in the how too section and couldnt find anything on it... i know i have seen this issue before but of course now that it NEED it . i cant find it

thanks for the

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by islandboy View Post
    hello, just looking for some advice. have an rxt and one of the rear bolts for intake grate has stripped out.

i looked in the how too section and couldnt find anything on it... i know i have seen this issue before but of course now that it NEED it . i cant find it

thanks for the
    If they use a insert like kawi does just replace the insert and get a new bolt. but if they dont go to the next size bigger bolt thread drill and tap the hull to fit that bolt. install bolt all the way grind offf head flush and drill and tap the bolt for the oem size bolt and your good to go.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by FIRE0021 View Post
    If they use a insert like kawi does just replace the insert and get a new bolt. but if they dont go to the next size bigger bolt thread drill and tap the hull to fit that bolt. install bolt all the way grind offf head flush and drill and tap the bolt for the oem size bolt and your good to go.

forget that stone age method

you can get a brass threaded hull insert from a number of sources, including ebay. Put the grate on when you drill out the broken bolt, the only tricky part of the entire deal is getting the bolt hole exactly on center, that's where using the grate is a big help. you gotta wear goggle when you are drilling the bolt out too..or face losing an eye.

After you get the bolt drilled, coat the threaded insert with expoxy and screw it in ( has a cutting thread on it)..then it's like new and you can get on your way.

+1
    contact PPG for their kit. It is threaded brass insets which get epoxied in. Or you can go extreme like I did http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=82232

thanks gus

Thread Information