Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RXP 155 turbo install

HI, i'm new here, been only a reader till now but want to start kind of a project on my rxp 155.

I know installing supercharger on this is very expensive, but what do you think of a regular turbo? I don't want stupid pressure, just some more acceleration for playing around.

I was thinking of installing maybe a small car turbo, with jacketed pipes, and making waterbox slighty smaller.

Got many doubts of course, don't know if stock ecu and injectors will be any good with this, but if turbo gives just a small help on getting up would be great! Got to start somewhere.

How can ecu be reflashed? Don't have much info on this siemens ecus, but i'll try find something out.

Any opinions from experienced moded seaddoos?

By the way, ressonator box... what can be done with it? removed? what's the benefit of it? I don't want jet to make too much noise, but i'm going to need a bit more space for turbo and an external intercooler (all homebuilt).

Can't consider buying another jet ski, taxes here are very expensive and 215 jet ski pays almost 400 euros each year just for anual tax.... 155 pays 240. And really don't want to be spending more money on another jet for now.

Let me know what you guys think, if worth the trouble or not?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by carteknik View Post
    HI, i'm new here, been only a reader till now but want to start kind of a project on my rxp 155.

I know installing supercharger on this is very expensive, but what do you think of a regular turbo? I don't want stupid pressure, just some more acceleration for playing around.

I was thinking of installing maybe a small car turbo, with jacketed pipes, and making waterbox slighty smaller.

Got many doubts of course, don't know if stock ecu and injectors will be any good with this, but if turbo gives just a small help on getting up would be great! Got to start somewhere.

How can ecu be reflashed? Don't have much info on this siemens ecus, but i'll try find something out.

Any opinions from experienced moded seaddoos?

By the way, ressonator box... what can be done with it? removed? what's the benefit of it? I don't want jet to make too much noise, but i'm going to need a bit more space for turbo and an external intercooler (all homebuilt).

Can't consider buying another jet ski, taxes here are very expensive and 215 jet ski pays almost 400 euros each year just for anual tax.... 155 pays 240. And really don't want to be spending more money on another jet for now.

Let me know what you guys think, if worth the trouble or not?

Thanks
    Best of world about turbo: Malvin, You need ask him here Turbo Tech Pr. name. I have turbo from also, and work great.

+1
    might be a "country barrier" here,but are you saying you want to put a turbo on a 155hp sea-doo??
    Please...........slowly......put down the crack pipe....(translation:insane by US standards!).....and by a supercharged model.
    All in fun
    You'll spend WAY more trying to get a non supercharged ski to come even close to a supercharged model.

+1
    Anything is possible all depends how much money you got.

Problem with the 155 is the internals are not the same as the 215-255 engines.

The sc engines are lower compression, have forged conrods and pistons that are much stronger and able to cope with making big power.

Also most of the turbos use the sc hole as a oil drain from the turbo. You dont have this hole so would have to get your pto machiened to suit.

The block itself is the same and i think the crank is the same. Prob has different cam tho.

No the stock ecu and injectors will not cope with a turbo unless you are running real low boost in which case all the effot would not be worth it.

I know this will sound blunt but in my opinion you have 2 good options,

1 Sell you ski and buy a 215-255 ski

2 Buy a 215-255 engine with all harness and ecu injectors ect ect and swap the engines out.

R88

Quote Originally Posted by R88ory RXP View Post

1 Sell you ski and buy a 215-255 ski

R88
    Logical choice

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammer 1 View Post
    Logical choice
    +1

+1
    I did the turbo conversion last year on an X...

Not sure of your experience, but for me this was a first time doing a turbo

I used the ecu reflash.. Ecu reflash isnt perfect but will put you in the ball park, you will need a adjustable fuel pressure regulator.. and since your only looking for a little more boost i would go with the begi and turbosmart with larger injectors instead, with this you'll be able to adjust low, mid, and high ranges and not be stuck with what you got or forced to send the ecu back and forth..

As for the turbo, be sure to not go too small, I found with my Gt28r that due to its efficiency at 13+ lbs of boost my exhaust gas temps are just too high and Im playing with fire (1600+ F @WOT AFR of 12).. i went this small to avoid lag (which there is none)... with high egt's you can/will melt the exhaust manifold and damage internal parts... (btw the gt28r turbo would be fine in the 8psi range.)

If you can make your own water jacketed up pipe, and water injected down, and pick up a small t3/t4 or up to gt2860 range turbo to run safely 5-7lbs boost then i say go for it! good luck

Whatever turbo you get, its really important to monitor your AFR and EGTS especially when setting it up..

Other things to consider:
    Intercooler

Cold side plumbing will be custom in your case, dont skimp on the silicone adapters either and Clamps..

oil and (depending on turbo) water lines
    The above two really added up for me as and did not expect such cost $$$

blow off valve, may not be needed in this case

boost controller: cheap all day long on ebay

going to need a thru hull exhaust tip

going to want to reduce your engine temps with an aftermarket thermostat, check the how to, there is a great DIY

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammer 1 View Post
    Logical choice

Well ya, but since when is anything logical around here

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ctriverguy View Post
    Well ya, but since when is anything logical around here
    LOL Ill give you that 1. R88

Option to buy another one is way too expensive.... this 155 are harder to sell and in exchange for a new one i'll loose much money, either i keep it as it is or decide to go with a small turbo just for small gain on acceleration or so... i really don't know. But as you all say this engine has many differences i get really scared.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information