Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

2002 polaris txi Virage 1200 need help

hay.just bought a non running 2002 polaris txi Virage 1200

ok ,, i do not know a thing about this stuff so please bear with ,me

will not start ,, but i can jump the siloide at the batt ,,, and it will turn over... has 130 psi in each head,,,,

ok it will not turn over by the switch ,, there is power at the switch ... i did check that ,,, with a tester,,,

there is a plug on the right side under the seat that i do not know where it goes its a 3plug prong plug wire red green and black ...

the displays like speed o and all that stuff stay on,,,

can some one help me out ,,, thanks

Buy American or Learn To Read This: >^$"#[email protected]*$:?</
    Quote Originally Posted by sheldonbaker View Post
    hay.just bought a non running 2002 polaris txi Virage 1200

ok ,, i do not know a thing about this stuff so please bear with ,me

will not start ,, but i can jump the siloide at the batt ,,, and it will turn over... has 130 psi in each head,,,,

ok it will not turn over by the switch ,, there is power at the switch ... i did check that ,,, with a tester,,,

there is a plug on the right side under the seat that i do not know where it goes its a 3plug prong plug wire red green and black ...

the displays like speed o and all that stuff stay on,,,

can some one help me out ,,, thanks
    Welcome to the HulkGet with K447, he's your man for tech. specs.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    ...just bought a non running 2002 Polaris TXi Virage 1200

... will not start ,, but i can jump the solenoid at the batt ,,, and it will turn over...

has 130 psi in each head,,,,

...will not turn over by the switch ,, there is power at the switch ... i did check that ,,, with a tester,,,

the displays like speed o and all that stuff stay on...
    Welcome to the Hulk

Has someone been working on this machine before you got to it?

The 3 wire plug is for the TPS. The TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) is located at the rear of the throttle body, and should have a pigtail lead a few inches long, then it plugs into the matching connector in the wire harness.

The TPS has nothing to do with cranking the engine.

When you press the start button after the machine has been sitting for more than five minutes, does the MFI display 'wake up' with a full screen LCD test, and the speedo needles goes full sweep and back to zero?

Do you see any messages on the MFI display, like Enter Lock code, or Check Engine?

When you press the Start button, does the solenoid 'click'?

Is the solenoid plastic body black or brown color?

bear with me ,, am all new to this stuff even replys here/// and am not a good speller ah..

and your code stuff ,, new to me

tps is like a car one .. it bolts on /// right i do not see it ,, is it hard to see... am trying to get it all hook back up..

the siloide is black but it was missing ... win i bought the txi ... and i bought a complete wireharness off ebay ... and it came with the siloide guy said it came off a running txi

the lcd does say code unlocked and it will do the sweap if you hit display... i do not here the siloide clicking win .. i try to start it ... and there is no spark.. my thinking is that it will not have spark in till
    i get it to turn over by the start switch...

the start switch does work used my test light and there is power going in and win i push it the power gos out... ,,,, am new at this ....

well just looked under the hood took the box out ,,, and seen where i call the computer should be ahah ... were the wireing harness bolts in and not a thing there.../// welll i did buy it from a asis auction place ,,, hopping to find a cumputer used and go from there .../..

+1
    PM Jay, 4strokepolaristech on here. He's a great dude, great resource and MAY have something for you.

emm

i emailed them .... i just hope that am not wasting money /.// on this ...

the txi looks like new has 130 psi on each piston ...

\
    i think it will run ...

its got 116 hrs on it ,, and its clean,,,

whats the resale on one with a trailer...

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    well just looked under the hood took the box out ,,, and seen where i call the computer should be ahah ... were the wiring harness bolts in and not a thing there...

/// well i did buy it from a as is auction place ,,, hoping to find a computer used and go from there .../..
    ...your code stuff ,, new to me

tps is like a car one .. it bolts on /// right i do not see it ,, is it hard to see... am trying to get it all hook back up..

the solenoid is black but it was missing ... win i bought the txi ... and i bought a complete wire harness off ebay ... and it came with the solenoid guy said it came off a running txi

the lcd does say code unlocked and it will do the sweap if you hit display... i do not here the solenoid clicking win .. i try to start it

... and there is no spark.. my thinking is that it will not have spark in till
    i get it to turn over by the start switch...

the start switch does work used my test light and there is power going in and win i push it the power gos out...
    It sounds like multiple parts have been removed before you bought it.

That means you need to check everything, and make sure all the bits that are supposed to be there, are actually there.

So you have purchased a replacement wire harness - why? Was the original harness missing or damaged?
    Was the replacement harness from the same 2002 Virage TXi model and year?

Have you installed the replacement wire harness?
    Are you sure all the ground wires are actually grounded to the engine?

The Virage TXi uses an LR-503 module (see photos) to control the Start/Stop function. Does your harness have that LR-503 module installed?

Also make sure both temp sensors are present and connected. One is on the exhaust manifold (shown in the photo with the LR-503 module), the other is installed into the bottom side of the flame arrestor bottom plate.

If the TPS is missing from the rear end of the throttle body, then you will need a new one. Don't over-tighten the TPS bolts

Don't buy a used TPS - they fail over time with engine vibration, and a flaky TPS can make you crazy trying to figure out what is wrong with the engine.
    Ficht TPS versions, sources

Without the EMM, the engine will not run. The EMM controls spark, fuel pump, ignition timing, fuel injection, DC charging and 45 volt injector power.

Surprisingly, the EMM doesn't care about whether you use the Start switch or jump the solenoid. The EMM just watches for the flywheel rotation signals from the stator, and then starts the engine ignition and fuel injection.

Note that the safety lanyard must be in place or you will not have spark.

Replacing the Ficht EMM computer is a bit tricky. The three fuel injectors on the cylinders are supposed to be flow mapped to the individual EMM.

If you buy a replacement EMM, you should purchase the matching fuel injectors from the same donor PWC.

And each injector must be installed on the same cylinder position it was removed from. The replacement MAG injector goes on the MAG cylinder, and so on. Normally, the injectors are marked with the cylinder position when they are removed from the donor engine. Torque the injectors evenly, and do not over-torque.

If you simply connect a replacement EMM to your injectors, the engine will start and run. It may even work OK. The risk is that the EMM will be badly mismatched to the injectors, and will run one or more cylinders too lean. This can burn a hole through a piston, which is not good.

Unlike a carburetor engine, you cannot adjust the fuel delivery. That is entirely controlled by the EMM.

The Ficht EMM is calibrated to run the engine quite lean, which maximizes fuel economy, and minimizes emissions. That is also why there is a California Low Emissions sticker on the hull.

This borderline lean condition (in normal operation) also increases the risk of excess lean condition at high power levels with mis-matched injector-EMM combo.

Polaris Ficht Fuel Injected Engines
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3167.JPG 
Views:	262 
Size:	4.30 MB 
ID:	156218   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3170.JPG 
Views:	203 
Size:	3.90 MB 
ID:	156219   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3171.JPG 
Views:	284 
Size:	3.58 MB 
ID:	156220   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010792.JPG 
Views:	157 
Size:	2.13 MB 
ID:	156221   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P7280671.JPG 
Views:	105 
Size:	2.19 MB 
ID:	156222   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3147.JPG 
Views:	142 
Size:	4.15 MB 
ID:	156223  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	polaris flame arrestor bottom plate, bottom view b.JPG 
Views:	149 
Size:	142.0 KB 
ID:	156224   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P7040448.JPG 
Views:	139 
Size:	2.43 MB 
ID:	156225  

the emm is missing and the tps is missing ....

i got the wiring harness from ebay ... i just bought it for the siloide was with the harness the harness does have everthing with it...

the tps wire was of the harness on my txi ... so i got the other harness for the plug ......

everthing else seems to be there///\

but you are say even without the emm in it that it should still turn over by the butten right......

glad i did buy that harness ,,,, it had the 503 part and the 503 was missing ... you guys do know your stuff .... here it does turn over by the butten now!!!! thats a big start// but a long ways to go...

well this is what i think happen the emm went out and the other guy that had this just started pulling it apart,,,,,

i will look for other stuff missing ... it may be some time before i can come up with a emm,,,,, the thing is a used one would be nice just here it run,,,

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information