66E to BB what steps do I have to take ?

I have a Stock 66E 800 GP with everything and was wondering how best to go BB to 9++ cc's

I am looking for a budget built, pointers what first, what parts any advise would be helpful.

Thank you

You need to send you stuff to Lowell and have it bored and port matched and head cut and domes as well, bigger carbs, reeds T/W crank Head.
    I have the reeds and T/W crank if you interested
    Only down side no such thing as a BB budget build!!!
    Crank and reeds/with spacer plate and pro-tec manifold I will sell to you for 700+ shipping.
    I have the whole bottom end in one piece which I would sell for 900+shipping.

+1
    Ditto on that

Who is lowell ?

[quote=scittb;1247658]You need to send you stuff to Lowell and have it bored and port matched and head cut and domes as well,

bigger carbs,

>> What size is recommended ?

reeds

>> v force 3 I assume ?

T/W crank

>> ?? T/W why cant one utilize the oem 800 crank ?

I have the reeds and T/W crank if you interested
    Only down side no such thing as a BB budget build!!!
    Crank and reeds/with spacer plate and pro-tec manifold

>> manifold is for upright carbs ??

I will sell to you for 700+ shipping.
    I have the whole bottom end in one piece

>> crankcases + crank ??

+1

You would want 48mm carbs
    yes on the V force 3 reeds, with space plate
    and intake manifold for the novi carbs as the inlet shape is different. Carbs are mounted the same as before
    TW crank because you are going to be putting out alot of power and you definitly want to make sure your crank is dead on phase and might as well weld if for the strength and reliability. You can use the OEM, thats what mine is just very low hours and already been T/W. I was offering mine as it only has 3 hrs on it... Why spend thousands on this project and the throw in a high time crank.......pointless!
    Acutally I miss quoted you I have it listed for 600+shipping. It would be crankcases+crank+flywheel and front cover.
    THe cases have been machined for the big bore set up as well which would need to be done as well. If you have some one do it its probably gonna run you a couple of hundred right there for labor. This is an awesome deal for some one doing a big bore set up!!!!
    Heres the link

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=108927

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by orangefinger View Post
    I have a Stock 66E 800 GP with everything and was wondering how best to go BB to 9++ cc's

I am looking for a budget built, pointers what first, what parts any advise would be helpful.

Thank you
    listen to Scittb on this one as he has been down the road on this kind of build.
    I did a BB ported 66e also and I don't see how you can do it on a limited budget and do it right. My setup worked best with 3 degree keyway for crank, 165 lb compression head and cylinders (84mm bore) done by Lowell. I had stock carbs with chokes removed, premix, Lowell sent me the jetting specs for the carbs. I used an 11/14 prop with a lot of pitch added for a prop initially but was all over the limiter. I depitched a 12/18 as the best compromise in props.
    Oh yeah, Carl at Island racing made me a spacer plate for the VF3 reed setup.
    You might also talk to Water Woody on here as he is doing a good job porting cyls also

Thread Information