Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Friday ride before Nashville AWA event. "JetFest"

I am wanting to get some imput from all who would like to go for a ride Friday the 1st before JetFest. What I was thinking about would let everyone go through Downtown Nashville and some very good smooth water riding. So far it looks like there will be two options. Trying to take care of those who need high test fuel also. There will be a chase truck that you can put your full gas cans in where we start the trip,and that same truck will have a double trailor to pick up anyone who might have trouble and take you and your ski back to your trailor. The first part of the ride will be through Nashville to Rock Harbor Marina. Something like 40 miles one way. Food and gas are available there. You can choose to turn around there. For those who want to ride further can continue to the next stop about another 45 miles down river. That will be the farthest point of the trip, something like 95 to 100 miles one way. At that stop there will be food and gas also. For those who have high compression motors you should have something like 7 Gal. at Rock harbor and hopefully can add a couple Gallons at the first stop to make it to the next where your gas cans will be waiting on you, and add a couple at Rock Harbor on the way back up river. These plans are not set in stone! Wanting to here from everyone who might be interested so we can decide what everyone would like to do. Looking for some imput!

+1
    I would be in

where are you thinking about starting OLd Hickory there is a ramp and parking on both sides of the Damn the Damn is at mile marker 216 and Rock Harbor is at 175 the next fuel is in Ashland city and there is a resturant there mile marker 158, also I think the Blue Moon resturant is closed at Rock Harbor I have tied up downtown and walked to second avenue for lunch

sounds like fun and the water is smooth not real clean but smooth

+1
    ok more of you guys should be interested

+1
    I would love to do this ride, but i will have my young kids with me and im afraid its just too long for them.

+1
    Jerry you could send them with my wife and kids to the mall ( Opry Mills) but we might have to take extra Jobs to pay for the damage

+1
    LOL!

I like to go one long rides too, but for 200 miles round trip your talking about several hours of riding so you will have leave out kinda early to make it back before it's too late. I plan to be there Friday around noon, probably will be 1 before I can hit the water. If I show up before you leave out I'll go to the first turn around spot with you.

+1
    we could ride to downtown tie up at river front and walk up to second avenue for some cocktails and the wifes and kids could meet us then ride back after a little fuel it would be less than 100 miles this way

+1
    I am leaving around 4:00 am Friday morning....And I think it is like a 15hr drive for me....So I won't be there till about 8:00 or 9:00 pm

+1
    Shhr That can be done on one tank easy! Like 60 miles total. All the way to rock harbor and back is around 80. I have done it several times on one tank. If everyone stops at Nashville there would be no need for all the prep and that sounds good to me. Might even have more interested.

Due to lack of interest and another appointment that just came up I will not be able to make it either.
    Last edited by Tennessee; 08-28-2006 at 10:06 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information