rxt-x resonator gibson

Hello this is my first post on the forum.I have read alot on this forum but i have a question.I want to put a rear exhaust on my rxt-x.Is it possible to replace the resunator for a gibson muffler and drill a hole above the opas.
    I want to leave the opas on my ski.

+1
    Welcome! The part your referring to is your waterbox, the resonator is the plastic hunk of crap before the exhasut outlet. You can change your waterbox for a gibson or just use the standard one and add the rear exhaust kit. As for leaving the opas in place, i believe this has been done it is just a bit more of a pain in the arse to position the exhaust outlet.

I want to remove the resonetor and in place of that i want to put a gibson muffler.So waterbox and muffler.I want a rear exhaust but i dont want alot of noise.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeclauw View Post
    I want to remove the resonetor and in place of that i want to put a gibson muffler.So waterbox and muffler.I want a rear exhaust but i dont want alot of noise.
    Welcome to the forum!

If you dont want much noise you need to keep the stock exhaust.

To add some performance exhaust and try to keep the opas and make it quiet is not going to be worth the time and almost impossible.

NOTE: your waterbox and resonator are 2 different parts. You do not replace any type of mufler in place of the resonator. THe resonator purpose is for noise reduction only.
    You either keep the resonator or replace it with a pipe and only will change noise and performance will not be changed.

You can replace you waterbox with a different waterbox or muffler.
    IF your worried about noise your only bet would be a riva water box but keeping the opas is not very easy at all. I think its been done but will be almost impossible pulling it off in your couch.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeclauw View Post

hahahahaha if you do not like too much noise stay in stock exhaust and mod inside waterbox. You will see very easy and will be much better noise, but not too high.
    Just do it )

Oke i wil try that.Thanks for the quick reply

if your worried about the exhaust being to loud -- you may not want to remove the res. box i did on my gtx and at about 2500 to 3500 rpms it will give you a headache --this winter i'm thinking of trying to put a small 9" SS muffler in place of where the res. box was -- under my XS IC -- i don't know yet what sort of trouble it will be -- good thing a friend of mine owns a muffler shop with a bender

Are you also make a rear exhaust or do you keep de stock exhaust output.

+1
    Mike ,if you don't want any noise just stay with the stock resonator,modding your waterbox is a lot of work,taking the resonator out is also a couple of hours work but a lot easier .
    I have the resonator removed and like the sound,but to remove you either have to remove the intercooler or the intake manifold to remove the resonator,i placed the bend aluminium tube of cx racing ,cheapest exhaust mod possible.
    It's your choice but remember no gains are made with this mod.

Thread Information