Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Question Need Help On Modding my 04 RXP for my novice stock class for world finals

Im Not Sure What Mods i can make to make it a lil bit faster and handling better. If any one can help me out on what can i do to acheive those things let me know. thx for the help.

+1
    are u stock now. If not list mods please and welcome to the best fourm around

+1
    i pretty much just hace a r&d grate, sponosns just ordered the performance opas block off kit. got a solas impeller.. and that is it.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    For stock class, fresh air intake. I think the exhaust has to be stock but you can probably get away with removing the resonator. All the free mods, ride plate holes filled, impeller nose cone, etc. May want to switch to the Riva intake grate. More expensive mods, external intercooler, and Super charger impeller. If I remember correctly you can do a Riva stage two minus the thru hull exhaust. I might be wrong on the intercooler and exhaust since the inspector can visually see those but they would have no way of knowing about the sc impeller unless they made you pull the housing.

As a former stock class racer, may I suggest you strongly stick by the rules. I hate people who cheat, and think they can get past tech. For Stock class, air intake can be changed out, Riva's would be the best bet, 2 Your prop can be changed to after market, either a 13/18 or 14/18-19 solas. You can change the rideplate, but their is no aftermarket one on the market so fill in the stock ride plate holes. Intake grate either a stock, worxs, or riva. Worxs tracks a little better in heavy chop and around the course. Your sponsons can be changed I raced with the stock ones and did fine. Steering can be modifed, I had an extended handle bar kit and grips from odi. The exhaust system and the resonator can not be touched. SC impeller can not be touched. ECU can be changed to an aftermarket unit. Intercooler must be stock. Seat cover can be changed. That's about all. Also good luck at the finals practice, practice, practice.
    Last edited by Compwhiz82; 08-24-2006 at 03:55 AM.

to win at havasu in stock class. you need to be around 74mph.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rxp127
    Im Not Sure What Mods i can make to make it a lil bit faster and handling better. If any one can help me out on what can i do to acheive those things let me know. thx for the help.
    I take it you're racing 4-stroke Super/Turbo at havasu? I plan on racing 4-stroke Super/Turbo cuz its stock class rule and racing Amateur just for the hell of it. It going to be a fun race.

Go to www.ijsba.com and there is a link to the rules on the left side of the screen. Plan on being tore down this year now that they are getting familiar with the 4-strokes.
    There is not much you can do for stock class.
    Complete exhaust must remain stock, even the plastic resonator.
    Prop, grate, steering, sponsons, opas, ecu, seat covering, rideplate, f/A's can be modified or aftermarket.\
    Good luck and maybe I will see you there. I race Novice closed course.
    Duane

+1
    thx for all the help guys so i should get rid of my r&d grate and get a worx? or is the r&d still a good but. and what block off kit is better. cause i got the performance block off kit. and also how bout the pump wedge? and if so which one the riva or the r&d. and where can i find the pump cone. or is the anti cavitation cone the same thing from r&d. and will i need to but the pump cone spacer? well thx for the ehlp guys.

Quote Originally Posted by rxp127
    thx for all the help guys so i should get rid of my r&d grate and get a worx? or is the r&d still a good but. and what block off kit is better. cause i got the performance block off kit. and also how bout the pump wedge? and if so which one the riva or the r&d. and where can i find the pump cone. or is the anti cavitation cone the same thing from r&d. and will i need to but the pump cone spacer? well thx for the ehlp guys.

You can't use the Pro block off's just the flat plate block off's and pump cone and spacer are not allowed.I would not run the pump wedge even if it is legal.I have Riva sponsons,Riva grate(Worx on one and they seem to handle the same too me)Stock class ECU,UMI(this year),Riva intake,Solas 14/17.5 pitch for ECU(If you don't run ECU use 14/19).This set up won me the World Finals last year and maybe this year in Pro-am .I left my OPAS on for close course racing just rider choice.I have a few tricks this year that I will give out after the season is over.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information