Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: rpm problems

rpm problems

Hi everyone i need to pick your brains, In March I bought a 2005 seadoo rxt and it only went up to 6500rpm, I was told that it should be 8000rpm as i'm new to the jetski world I want to look after my new toy as best as possible, two months ago it started over heating and put the ski into limp mode so I took it to a friend and he said it was the head gasket,which it was, he has now put it right so that it is not over heating, however it is only reaching 4500rpm no highier can anyone help me with advice on this problem it seems to want to hit more rpm's but holds back? also when I go to start it the display say's sensor so when I turn it off the display reads P1517 does the ski need to go to a dealer to be cleared on a machine?

+1
    First off let me say,WELCOME TO Greenhulk!!!!

Code 1517 is your compass sencor..It either has went bad or it became disconected...And that WONT cause your ski to only reach 4500 RPMs..Sounds to me your Supercharger clutches let go..And if that is indeed the case you need to get that motor out and have it gone through..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    First off let me say,WELCOME TO Greenhulk!!!!

Code 1517 is your compass sencor..It either has went bad or it became disconected...And that WONT cause your ski to only reach 4500 RPMs..Sounds to me your Supercharger clutches let go..And if that is indeed the case you need to get that motor out and have it gone through..
    +1...

pull the intake hose off the supercharger and see if the impeller will spin by hand. if it does then the supercharger is the problem.

Will check supercharger tomorrow the ski has only done 18hrs but from what i can gather are they prone to failure?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wojtyla11 View Post
    Will check supercharger tomorrow the ski has only done 18hrs but from what i can gather are they prone to failure?
    If it has the ceramic washers you might aswell just pull the charger right off. In case it is the SC dont try and start it

Will do it first thing thanks for the advice.

+1
    18 hours doesnt mean nothiong wiht the OEM ceramic clutches..They have been known to let go ater as little as 1 hour on some machines..

Hi guy's pulled the sc off today it seems there are no ceramic washers on the supercharger so that must mean they are in the sump? should I pull the engine out? so I can drain the oil and put a flush through the block?

+1
    Hi guy's pulled the sc off today it seems there are no ceramic washers on the supercharger so that must mean they are in the sump? should I pull the engine out? so I can drain the oil and put a flush through the block?
    Post a pic of your super charger shaft and we can tell what is missing.

If you got some damage and need to go fishing I would pull the engine as is much easier to work on but that is just me.
    If you leave it in there, I would atleast undo rear mounts and prop up rear of engine to get to pto cover easier.

Post a pic!

+1
    If you pull the motor only remove the 3 single bolts for the mount an not from the hull. itll be easyer toget to motor lined up again when you go to install it. but if you have lost the washers would be best to pull the motor imo.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information