rxp vs. xp ride comfort

How does the xp compare to the rxp in ride comfort/controllability

I am thinking about getting an rxp and I use to own a xp....I liked the xp but I didnt feel that comfortable on it....i mean i think it had a mind of its own and I found myself riding more on the 3 seater i had then the xp.....

i still want the rxp because i like having the tilt to jump waves, my only question is does it ride nicer/more comfortable than the xp?

I will be getting a rxp and rxt so I will also have a three seater....but if the rxp does not handle better then i would have to think about getting two rxt's....I would assume the rxp handles much better then the xp since it has been a few years to get the handling better....am i assuming right?

are they about the same size boats? i am 6'2 so it would be more of a 1 person ski.....the way i have seadoos is that if it is a 3 seater it really is a 2 seater and 2 seaters really are 1 seaters

02 xp is 107 inches long and 44 inches wide and is 562 pounds

09 seadoo rxp is 121 inches long a nd 48 inches wide and is 779 pounds

overall the rxp is slightly wider, alot longer and heavier....will this translate into a more smoother ride....and will the ski not walk/have a mind of its own as much since it is much heavier and longer?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyc1423 View Post
    02 xp is 107 inches long and 44 inches wide and is 562 pounds

09 seadoo rxp is 121 inches long a nd 48 inches wide and is 779 pounds

overall the rxp is slightly wider, alot longer and heavier....will this translate into a more smoother ride....and will the ski not walk/have a mind of its own as much since it is much heavier and longer?
    I've never rode an XP, but an RXP definitely is stable even with two people. Comfortable? Meh... It's alright. There is certainly more comfortable models out there... If a large reason you're buying it for is simply for comfort, You may want to look at something else... like maybe an RXT is model maybe... If I had the money for two skis, I'd like to have an RXT and an RXP... to me they're just different machines with different handling. The RXT is a little longer, but not by much... the RXP is more for the thrillseeker IMO...

Oh I should mention, it also really depends where you plan on riding... Salt or Fresh water? You mentioned jumping waves... if it's boat wake, either will be fine.... but if it's ocean waves, I'd rather be cruising with an RXT I imagine... the RXP is good, but this is where 3-seaters shine IMO.

It will be partly salt water and partly fresh

i like the rxp because of the tilt and i like the idea of having both...one for cruising and one for jumping/maneuvers......

i guess comfortable was the wrong word....the new is's have the suspension and I just do not think that a suspension should be on a jet ski....i want a jet ski because its rough and fun like a sport bike

I just meant is the rxp predictable.....what I mean by that is my xp would always listen to me....i would try and turn left and it seemed like it would almost wait to catch an edge to turn and by "the waiting" period it would catch me off guard making it an uncomfortable ride
    it seems like on my last xp you never really felt comfortable, you always felt that you would be falling off if tride to cut turns to hard....

i would think that with predictability in the rxp it would be much easier and nicer ride while still be able to hit the waves

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyc1423 View Post
    It will be partly salt water and partly fresh

i like the rxp because of the tilt and i like the idea of having both...one for cruising and one for jumping/maneuvers......

i guess comfortable was the wrong word....the new is's have the suspension and I just do not think that a suspension should be on a jet ski....i want a jet ski because its rough and fun like a sport bike

I just meant is the rxp predictable.....what I mean by that is my xp would always listen to me....i would try and turn left and it seemed like it would almost wait to catch an edge to turn and by "the waiting" period it would catch me off guard making it an uncomfortable ride
    it seems like on my last xp you never really felt comfortable, you always felt that you would be falling off if tride to cut turns to hard....

i would think that with predictability in the rxp it would be much easier and nicer ride while still be able to hit the waves
    I've never felt like I'd be thrown off by turning, but I suppose if you do a 180 or 260 hard enough, you could make it happen! They're very stable machines! The RXP was made for racing IMO! The OPAS blockoff's IMO also help with turning... some members here feel it turns better without the blockoff's, but you'd need to be leaning into the turns more!

The RXP is entirely different. Its bigger, heavier, and it cuts right through the water. The XP shoots out of the water like a rocket.

I cant remember the last time I fell off my rxp. I fall off my xp every time I ride it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by twelvesorbetter View Post
    The RXP is entirely different. Its bigger, heavier, and it cuts right through the water. The XP shoots out of the water like a rocket.

I cant remember the last time I fell off my rxp. I fall off my xp every time I ride it.

lol, I like how you describe your XP in your sig... "When it stays in the water!"

Quote Originally Posted by twelvesorbetter View Post

thanks twelve....like i said i liked the xp but it was tough to stay on like you mention.....i really love 2 seaters for the tilt action but wanted something more stable...and it sounds like i will have that with the rxp

rxp and rxt is goign to be a great pair and once in my garage i will have to wait until april to ride....that is going to killl me! buying new ski's and not being able to ride cause of the cold!
    I guess i waited until the offseason for a reason (better deals on new 09's)

Thread Information