+1

Old style R/D or Riva GPR ride plate.

As the title says, does anyone have an old style plate that was originally for a GPR1200?

+1
    hA! A David Sighting!
    whats up Dave!

+1
    Dave,

I still have that one I bought in '02 from Crusty Muffin - remember him? Not for sale, though.

I have an R/D, but the outer corners were trimmed for mech tabs. shouldnt make too much of a difference. let me know if this interest you. also have the mech tabs too

32 Valves To Love! Racecar_Dave's Avatar
    +1
    Theres a riva raceboat replica on ebay right now that says hell start parting it out if he doesnt get $10K for it, I bet it has an old style plate, send him an ebay message telling him you want dibs if he starts to part it out.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by fullboogie View Post
    Dave,

I still have that one I bought in '02 from Crusty Muffin - remember him? Not for sale, though.

I got one brand new still in the wrapper but I am with Dave - not for sale though

What's been up Mr. Hernandez ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4974.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	2.35 MB 
ID:	156586   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4977.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	2.21 MB 
ID:	156587  

+1
    Good to see you online David How the hell you been?

+1
    Man, what a response! Been working my tail off these past few years, but still have my GPR. In fact, I bought Pistonwash's SMOKE as well.

OsideBill, just got back from (CLOSE to) your part of the country. My nephew's and a friend of mine got back from a week long trip to the World finals in Havasu and a ride out to Catalina Island off of Long Beach, CA. What a rush. The water and weather was absolutely perfect. Most fun I ever had with my bathing suit on. Smoke made a great splash on the west coast... what a great ride.

You would be pleased to know that I got my GPR 1200 with that SKAT-TRAK 2 degree nozzle that you modified to a 3 degree up to 72.5mph. It began to do a rapid porpoise, so I have to try again by adding trim tabs to see if I can stabilize the boat. The sucker rides very good in 2 foot chop.

But enough off topic. You guys are killing me to let me know "yeah, I've got one but you cannot have it!" What's up with that? LOL

Dankyfx1, I may take you up on your offer. According to my lazer though, those corners you talk about actually do add stability to the boat because the angles on those corners are much less than the 5 degree angles you hear people talk about. They are high pressure points. They in effect increase the length of the hull. I will keep the thread open for a while. Maybe Fullboggie or JetskiDaddy with a little convincing will come to see their evil ways and cut their plate loose.

I'm sure some grovelling will be involved though.

+1
    David a whole bunch of us were at Finals, too bad we did not know you were there. Jerry, Hydrotoys, Woody just to name a few. I would have been great to meet you in person.

Quote Originally Posted by salty View Post
    Dankyfx1, I may take you up on your offer. According to my lazer though, those corners you talk about actually do add stability to the boat because the angles on those corners are much less than the 5 degree angles you hear people talk about. They are high pressure points. They in effect increase the length of the hull. I will keep the thread open for a while. Maybe Fullboggie or JetskiDaddy with a little convincing will come to see their evil ways and cut their plate loose.
    I am no professional and definitely don't know as much as many people on the forum, but its always good to learn new things. let me know if you're still interested, they aren't going to be going anywhere any time soon

Thread Information