home made duel thru hull?

im not sure if i wanna drill two holes in my hull yet so i was curious if i could do a single thru hull and take the freel flow exhaust pipe i have, make a Y pipe that fits on my water box and run a custom pipe to the thru hull, and then the other branch to the stock outlet with my freeflow? would this work at all or just a bad idea??

Your IC will get in the way if you ever want to add one.. and you should add one.

Quote Originally Posted by pbrxp View Post
    im not sure if i wanna drill two holes in my hull yet so i was curious if i could do a single thru hull and take the freel flow exhaust pipe i have, make a Y pipe that fits on my water box and run a custom pipe to the thru hull, and then the other branch to the stock outlet with my freeflow? would this work at all or just a bad idea??
    I think that it would take the same amount of effort to do either one, and the dual outlets would look better in my opinion. I also would be more than willing to get rid of the resonation in the pump tunnel with the stock outlet location. I installed a external cooler this past summer and put in the elbow pipe to the stock outlet. Sound good most of the time, but that 3000-4000 rpm range is a headache maker for sure.
    If you are willing to drill one hole, why not 2? I know there is some extra cost involved in the outlet, but why else would you want duals and not have the look of duals? I would love to have duals and still keep the OPAS, anyone think that is possible?

just converted my 04 gtx ltd to twin pipes had an alloy y piece made up and run off stock pipe looks the nuts go for it

Quote Originally Posted by Chevtec324 View Post
    I think that it would take the same amount of effort to do either one, and the dual outlets would look better in my opinion. I also would be more than willing to get rid of the resonation in the pump tunnel with the stock outlet location. I installed a external cooler this past summer and put in the elbow pipe to the stock outlet. Sound good most of the time, but that 3000-4000 rpm range is a headache maker for sure.
    If you are willing to drill one hole, why not 2? I know there is some extra cost involved in the outlet, but why else would you want duals and not have the look of duals? I would love to have duals and still keep the OPAS, anyone think that is possible?

Why keep the OPAS?....Really it is shite....IMO

i dont know why i didnt wanna just do regual duels with the right outlets.. just thought of this way right away so idk..

Quote Originally Posted by Pooche View Post
    Why keep the OPAS?....Really it is shite....IMO
    I don't have the experience of riding a machine without the OPAS, so I don't know what it would be like. I have read many threads about how they are considered "training wheels", but I don't understand that meaning, and I know that everyone says to get rid of them, but why? Is it for more top speed? Better control? If it's better control, at what speeds are we talking about? I thought they were for slow speed steering around the docks, which is why I would want to keep them, I like that ability. I know that there are alot of posts where people want a thru-hull exhaust but want to keep the OPAS, so I know I'm not alone.

I'm trying to sell a X piranah Parts exhaust which if you drill the hole in the right place will let you keep it....I put the hole in the wrong place and had to remove the OPAS and I'm glad I did...At idle I find it no different then with Opas the only difference is if you are Half speed (say 45 to 60 MPH) and you go completely off throttle you ski will head in a straight line...The thing to learn is to always steer with throttle....But removeing it will make your steering ALOT lighter and responsive....I think the gains you get form having OPAS aren't great and realistically you should learn to steer on the throttle cause if your doing 70mph and a boat appears no assisted Stearing Tech is gonna save you..They simply don't turn hard enough with no power...

In Three weeks I will have a Full Stainless Twin System with Twin Dumps out the Back With a Outlet design Like nothing seen..Basically will be Twin Outlets out of the Standard X waterbox being fab up now, to Twin Stainless Exhaust.. the Tips will bolt from the inside leaving a Flash Plate on the outside with 3 and a half Inch Dumps....This will be on a T-X....All going well may be able to replicate and Sell.....and/Or will just post up the how to....

yeah let me know how that goes

Quote Originally Posted by Pooche View Post
    In Three weeks I will have a Full Stainless Twin System with Twin Dumps out the Back With a Outlet design Like nothing seen..Basically will be Twin Outlets out of the Standard X waterbox being fab up now, to Twin Stainless Exhaust.. the Tips will bolt from the inside leaving a Flash Plate on the outside with 3 and a half Inch Dumps....This will be on a T-X....All going well may be able to replicate and Sell.....and/Or will just post up the how to....

Post pics when you are done

Thread Information