Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

The Seadoo braking system

I just looked up how the braking system works on the new Seadoo and I see no difference in that and pulling the reverse lever and then reapplying throttle on my 94 GTX other than how simple it is to operate. If this is correct I don't see why a control system like this can't be made to fit older skis as well. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by X-Runner View Post
    I just looked up how the braking system works on the new Seadoo and I see no difference in that and pulling the reverse lever and then reapplying throttle on my 94 GTX other than how simple it is to operate. If this is correct I don't see why a control system like this can't be made to fit older skis as well. Thoughts?
    Go wot and try it and let me know what happens, I quarantee you aint going to like what you find. Ask me how I know.

+1
    I have seen a few reverse buckets break off this way, the new Sea Doos use a metal bucket.

+1
    plus you have an actual brake lever with no need to re-apply throttle.

Get a Yammie After you jump a wave there Braking(reverse bucket) goes down by itself..no levers...no buttons

Quote Originally Posted by Antiguan RXP View Post
    I have seen a few reverse buckets break off this way, the new Sea Doos use a metal bucket.
    Ok, so replace the plastic bucket with a metal one? I may look into the system more and try it.

Ok, so replace the plastic bucket with a metal one? I may look into the system more and try it.
    I dont want to discourage you from doing this bro... but do some research on this; adapting the IS's bracking system to your ski may not be as easy as it may seem. Good luck!.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
    I dont want to discourage you from doing this bro... but do some research on this; adapting the IS's bracking system to your ski may not be as easy as it may seem. Good luck!.
    No, it may not be but I'm not going to let that stop me from at least looking into the idea to see what it would take. Just like I was told I couldn't use the adaptive lighting system for the HIDs from a BMW on my Tacoma for my HID retro fit, I did it.

No, it may not be but I'm not going to let that stop me from at least looking into the idea to see what it would take. Just like I was told I couldn't use the adaptive lighting system for the HIDs from a BMW on my Tacoma for my HID retro fit, I did it.
    If you do it please take the time to document your mod and post it. You never know how many guys might be thinking along the same line as you are and thats how we all learn the how too's here, by sharing the info. Again good luck.

+1
    Be Careful... you dont want to launch yourself over the handlebars.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information