Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Importing a seadoo to Aus

Does anyone have a rough idea of what this would cost?? I ask because at the moment while the AU dollar is close to parody with the American dollar, now would be an excellent time to look at doing something like this.
    A second hand RXPX would still set you back $16000 over here, but i think i have seen them for as low as 7,000 US.. Surely the cost of shipping and what not would be significantly less than the difference? or is there more to it that im missing?

Cheers guys

Moderated
    getting imported seadoo's worked on is very hard in australia.

the dealers are quite mean about it so be careful, however yamaha does not care and nor does kawi from memory,

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    i know when we import anything that has an engine over 50 cc to Mexico we are required to legalize it. we brought a small honda atv to mexico, with a 250cc engine and it was about 250 us dollars to legalize it. On cars, its depends on the year and condition it is.

The big thing people seem to be forgetting here is the a/market warranties will only cover a limited amount ie 1.5k on engines. What would you do if your engine had a major mishap and your only covered for 1.5k

Or the mate of mine whose hull cracked on his FZR and Yami Australia gave him a new ski, where would you be with an imported FZR and a cracked hull. It's not just the warranty you lose but the factory backing like this

+1
    All good points, But you could buy nearly 2 skis for the price you pay for one here in the very unlikely event that something did go tragically wrong. As for the dealers not wanting to work on them, Is there a need to ever take it to a dealer?

Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    All good points, But you could buy nearly 2 skis for the price you pay for one here in the very unlikely event that something did go tragically wrong.
    I would still rather one good ski than two broken ones that I can't have fixed under warranty. Try telling that to my mate when his hull cracked! Bro I'm not saying you won't save just that it's not all peaches and cream, and nothing is without risk when you are saving a buck. The old saying applies if it sounds to good to be true.......................

And no you could not buy two an FZR landed here duty etc will set you back around the 15-16 k mark and your looking at low 20's from a dealer so unless the dealer you saw is charging over 30k for an FZR

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 08GPR View Post
    I would still rather one good ski than two broken ones that I can't have fixed under warranty. Try telling that to my mate when his hull cracked! Bro I'm not saying you won't save just that it's not all peaches and cream, and nothing is without risk when you are saving a buck. The old saying applies if it sounds to good to be true.......................

And no you could not buy two an FZR landed here duty etc will set you back around the 15-16 k mark and your looking at low 20's from a dealer so unless the dealer you saw is charging over 30k for an FZR

Ahh okay.. I here what ur saying. All the same, how do u go about bringing them over here?

+1
    Funny I'm reading this post.

My bro lives in Australia & wants to purchase 2 Sea Doo's. He almost fell off his chair when they told him $16K (think it was a GTI) per ski (includes trailer). So he's thinking of importing them.

Obviously he'll have no warranty should he choose to import, on the plus side he is mechanically inclined & knows how to work on these toys.

It's a tough call, one that he needs to make once he receives the freight quote.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Petron View Post
    Funny I'm reading this post.

My bro lives in Australia & wants to purchase 2 Sea Doo's. He almost fell off his chair when they told him $16K (think it was a GTI) per ski (includes trailer). So he's thinking of importing them.

Obviously he'll have no warranty should he choose to import, on the plus side he is mechanically inclined & knows how to work on these toys.

It's a tough call, one that he needs to make once he receives the freight quote.
    Ohh very interesting. Could you please keep me informed as to how he goes with it, and possibly the freight costs involved. Would be much appreciated.
    Cheers

+1
    easy to do
    find a dealer in CA not to far from long beach where the port is.
    get a freight forwarding company
    When i imported my ski i used Tradewise Logistics in Brisbane makes no difference i am in Sydney.

They will handle the lot 30 days later u will have ur ski

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information