Installed Riva Power Filter...I'm on the way

I installed the Riva Power Filter on my '04 GTX SC. The best it would do was 59.6 at 7550. I was breaking 60 on the stock intake so I was a little disappointed.

What do you recommend for the next step, the Riva grate and 2* wedge? I have the Riva BOV and filled the ride plate holes and metal sc washers. I want to save replacing the stock impeller to last, probably over the winter.

Thanks for your comments...

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    the wedge will definitely help top speed, and your OPAS is removed right? or is it not?? ... that could be a big problem, what's OPAS status?

i have an 04 GTX SC with NOTHING but wedge and OPAS removed. not even the rideplate holes filled, literally nothing but wedge and NOPAS and it will do 62.5+ all day any day

whats the condition of ur stock prop?

most guys with the 3-seaters have a 2.5 degree wedge

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485
    the wedge will definitely help top speed, and your OPAS is removed right? or is it not?? ... that could be a big problem, what's OPAS status?
    i have an 04 GTX SC with NOTHING but wedge and OPAS removed. not even the rideplate holes filled, literally nothing but wedge and NOPAS and it will do 62.5+ all day any day
    whats the condition of ur stock prop?
    most guys with the 3-seaters have a 2.5 degree wedge
    Wow, that's what I was looking for, thanks Shibby...
    3-seater = 2.5 wedge...(you have one of these for sale don't you). I'll buy it if still available.

OPAS NOT removed. How about just using the RIVA O.P.A.S. Competition Kit which I can do with plastic pipe??

Prop is fair...it has some nicks from shells passing thru and I wear ring is fair. I do plan to replace the ring and install a solas 14/19R but I was trying to save that till last for this winter.

I would take off the BOV, they usually leak boost. There are many many threads about this, and from what I gather they do not extend the life of the SC clutches...

I also have a 2.5 degree wedge for that machine! with bolts and steering cable extender... if you can`t get shibby`s...PR...

+1
    i'd be willing to bet OPAS is a very very big part of your problem. DEFINITELY jam them up with PVC at a bare minimum.

yes i still have that pump wedge for sale with all the hardware... i have 2 pump wedges for sale... 2.25 and 2.5 degree. PM me if ur interested in either of those.

sounds like u know whats next after a wedge and OPAS.... chances are your nicked prop and mildly worn wear ring are costing you a little bit.

you say SOLAS 14/19.... do you have a stock GTX SC driveshaft? if so, the SOLAS 14/19 will not fit in your ski.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485
    i'd be willing to bet OPAS is a very very big part of your problem. DEFINITELY jam them up with PVC at a bare minimum.
    yes i still have that pump wedge for sale with all the hardware... i have 2 pump wedges for sale... 2.25 and 2.5 degree. PM me if ur interested in either of those.
    sounds like u know whats next after a wedge and OPAS.... chances are your nicked prop and mildly worn wear ring are costing you a little bit.
    you say SOLAS 14/19.... do you have a stock GTX SC driveshaft? if so, the SOLAS 14/19 will not fit in your ski.
    No, it's a stock driveshaft. I thought the 14/19R, GTX model, was what Riva was selling with it's GTX Stage 1 setup?

Ops, I just checked it's a 13/20R. My bad... I keep seeing all the 14/19 with all the RXP guys...I have to stick with my little old 185hp...
    Last edited by lafjax; 08-25-2006 at 09:21 PM.

+1
    SR-13/20 is what ur gonna want

SRX props are for RXP/RXT (ie the 14/19)

Thread Information