power cooler installation question

I started the installation of the riva intercooler and am not sure about the waterline routing.

It says bypass for the exiting water, why are we not sending it out the existing discarge hole on the side of the ski?

It sounds like they whant the discarge routed to the back of the ski which doesn't sound right.

I would appreasate any help from some one that has already installed this
    amazing looking intercooler.

+1
    My mechanic routed it out the back. I'm not sure why you don't or can't use the existing pisser on the side. I do know that the water comes out the back like a friggin' fire hose.... its practically a visibility spout on its own. Sorry I can't be more help.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sabretooth30 View Post
    I started the installation of the riva intercooler and am not sure about the waterline routing.

It says bypass for the exiting water, why are we not sending it out the existing discarge hole on the side of the ski?

It sounds like they whant the discarge routed to the back of the ski which doesn't sound right.

I would appreasate any help from some one that has already installed this
    amazing looking intercooler.
    I don't think there's anything wrong with using the existing hole but the fitting diameter is smaller which could restrict some flow. Just use the fitting that came with the kit.

+1
    We routed ours to the side vs the back. I am not for drilling holes when I already have some. If I run additional cooling in the future I may punch a hole. I also have the RD cooling kit.

If you concerned about water flow, bore out your "X" tee that is in the rear. That hole is small. Bore it out to get more water to your system. I learned that from the West Tec (Cayman) guys. If you look at Rivas upcoming cooling kit, the "X" that I am talking about is replaced with one they sell.

And for the exisiting exit, we used the aftermarket hose and orginal pisser. I believe the pisser is he same size and the aftermarket one. But the hose is larger on the after market one.

+1
    I used my stock side exit fitting for the water coming out of the intercooler. There's no problem with doing this.

Here's a tip...
    Remove the nozzle completely and then attach your hose to it and clamp it down. Use the hose to guide the nozzle in place and then tighten down the nut on the outside of the hull. Then connect the other end to your intercooler.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BPnta View Post
    I don't think there's anything wrong with using the existing hole but the fitting diameter is smaller which could restrict some flow. Just use the fitting that came with the kit.
    +1
    I'll be plumbimg my IC into the already installed R&D cooling kit & plan to use the stock pisser location since I already have an extra 3/8" & 1/2" pisser on the back of the ski for the R&D kit. It can be reached from the engine bay, but it looks easier to install a replacement pisser through the front access panel. I'm just going to remove the fuel filler hose to make it a bit easier to reach. The only thing I'm not sure of...will the replacement 1/2" pisser be long enough?

I know there was someone who's done this, but I don't remember who it was...just remember him saying he got wedged into the front of the ski & had a hard time getting out.

thanks everone

I very much liked Green Hulks suggestion and that is what I did.
    I want the exit flow in the same spot as before.

Having the water spray off the back of the Ski didn't appeal to me

Thanks everone

+1
    I went with the stock hole as well, and used all the RIVA parts. The hole had to be reamed to accept the new pisser. The exit holes ARE different sizes when comparing stock/Riva so I really wanted to use the aftermarket set-up. I paid the price because it was the toughest part of the install so far...ran out of day light. I reamed the hole till it was to the point I had to lightly tap it in the hole then installed the nut on the inside and used some silicone. That was a bitch but nothing like trying to do the clamp on the hose with one hand. Tape ended up working and I used a tiny 1/4" drive socket set to finally get it.

I have a question for people with this IC. From all the early pictures it looks like the flush kit has a 90* brass fitting going to the IC. So it pointed up before when istalled.....however, mine just has a straight fitting. I have yet to install it in the hull but was wondering why Riva changed it up? Thats not something you would accidently do but who knows.

+1
    This I/C is turning out to me my number 1 least favorite install. I know this will be all worth it but sheeesh this makes the manifold ribbon removal seem like connect the dots. I got mine in the SHO but the clearance was not enough to clear the gas tank. I'm working now to try and get the gas tank as far forward in the ski as possible to get some kind of space clearance because a hole in the tank would be a nightmare.

I finished my 6th hour at this, and I really should have just paid someone to tackle this one. I'm here to let everyone know I'm a wimp and this thing is truely kicking my ass. Another problem I over looked is while spending so much time getting the I/C to line up with the bracket.....I forgot to make sure the steering cable was to the right and on top of the I/C. Now I have to unbolt it and try and get that steering cable up cause the steering is no longer liquid smooth. Sorry for the vent but this puppy is no joke and labor intensive to say the least. Especially when your doing things twice like I always manage to do. Maybe I'm just getting old. Hope this is all worth it in the end.

Thread Information