Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Any new RXP rideplates in the works?

Anyone making aftermarket RXP rideplates? I know Jerry has worked with his, but I'm talking new. -For the less adventurous!

Probably be an expensive proposition considering the cooling aspects of the rideplate. I'm thinking more and more about Jerry's mod since the porposing on my ski is a bitch to level out. It helps that I know a ton of welders though since im in the supply side of the industry.

It's definitely going to be expensive for a new one. I'm looking for more speed and less porpoising. I just installed the Riva sponsons and now am thinking about how I could "step" them w/out ruining them. It worked for my gp, but we're talking different hulls and different setups. Plus the Riva's have a 4 bolt setup.

Maybe Carl could work his magic on the stock plate

+1
    My rideplate mod has worked wonders. I'm still playing with it though trying to perfect it. It's still scrubing a little speed, but hookup over chop and straightline tracking over chop is unreal. Also, porpoising is non existant

Jer -how much speed are you losing? I'm running right around 76 and don't really want to give up any speed (only 74 degree water up here in N.J). This week I was planning on filling the holes in the rideplate and sanding the grate/plate. If I were to do this and the rideplate mod do you think I would still be giving up some speed?

+1
    Right now im giving up 1 mph with a 1" rideplate extension. I am going to add the Riva pro series OPAS blockoffs (which should help with porpoising) and then cut my extension down to 3/4" and see what happens.

I think if you fill the rideplate holes and true up the grate to the rideplate you will gain 1 mph. If you do the 1" rideplate extension you will lose 1 mph. The difference being no more porpoising and unreal handling in chop. OH, better holeshot too

Trim tabs work wonders like the ride plate extension only gained 1MPH, no propoising and can be pitched like a impeller up or down for level of control, Only problem is you have to remove the Hook, getting them made and drilling 12 holes in the back of your hull. I'll send PICs and patterns to anyone frisky enough to machine there own. Jerry's ride plate will be eaiser to do if he gets results.

+1
    I love the trim tabs. Especially burnwater's design. Only thing is I personally have had horrible results with removing my hook.

I actually lost 2 mph with the hook removed. The front of the ski seems to be plowing as the spray is coming out from way in front of the bars.
    If you look at the hook on the RXP hull you will notice that it actually tapers down more on the outer edges at the rear of the ski. I think this is actually providing lift decreasing the wetted surface of the hull.
    I have no other explanation for why i now ride with my bow plowing thru the water with the hook removed. Maybe its my rideplate extension causing it to plow? Who knows???

I have since started the task of rebuilding my hook. It will be interesting to see if my 2 mph comes back once im done. If it does then that proves to me that removing the hook is a mistake. On my hull at least.

Rebuilding the hook what a job! But you love to stay out of the house and in the garage. I donít know if removing the hook cost me anything cause I did it right after I bought the thing and the Tabs could be just a fix that got me back to square one. It will be interesting to see if the hook back gets you your 2MPH back or will you go insane chasing it. Iím only doing one mod at a time from now on. The Stainless wear ring P/U .4 MPH or so I think hard to tell but didnít cost me anything and will last. Skippy wants me to try a Solas 14/19 but I might try spacing the pump out longer and straighter, if I loose any speed after being back on track Iíll, Iíll , Iíll oh hell I donít know what Iíll do!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information