Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cornering

+1

Cornering

If your on a ski like a Pro 785, How do you turn at full throttle and not fall off? Is it like a snowmobile? My Slt has no sponsons like a Pro, and the hull is completly different. Do you just nail it and hit the corner or back off the throttle a lil? Do you lean hard into the runs? like your legs almost to the water like a AMA900 superbike? (thats neat isn't it? )
    I've never have raced anything but the seagulls. (and they win!). And really not have ever gotten to try a slamon course or bouys. I bet the wake is horrendous from the others ski next to ya!
    My Slt just slides nicely in the turns(which is fun!) although one has to have perfect balance or else you spin it out! Got to ride that line!.Kinda like surfing.!

I'D RATHER SWEAT THAN SHIVER hyoctane23's Avatar
    +1
    You better start working out your forearm muscles (if you don't already) and your legs. You have to basically squeeze your legs together against the hull to hang on....and I definitely recommend GLOVES! My boat stays pretty flat in turns, maybe a slight lean...oh, and WOT turns only!!

+1
    Iv'e seen those black foam blocks on the hull . They keep your legs from banging the hull? I lift a lot of steel at my job so no problem there. i'm thin but pretty strong!. Does height of the driver affect handling? C of G is always a concern. I'm gonna wear a helmut I think. I can just see this thing taking a hard plant and me gettind launched off it 20 feet at 40 MPH!

I'D RATHER SWEAT THAN SHIVER hyoctane23's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by bowsniper View Post
    Iv'e seen those black foam blocks on the hull . They keep your legs from banging the hull? I lift a lot of steel at my job so no problem there. i'm thin but pretty strong!. Does height of the driver affect handling? C of G is always a concern. I'm gonna wear a helmut I think. I can just see this thing taking a hard plant and me gettind launched off it 20 feet at 40 MPH!
    Those little blocks are wedges made I think from Hydroturf material. You use them to wedge your feet under them I guess??

I don't see height making much difference....hell, I love to do some "free riding" standing up instead of sitting. Trust me, I've been thrown off doing 40 mph. Doesn't hurt, I'm usually laughing too hard!

+1
    Well have to get more info on the foam blocks. Velcro gloves? lol Does the ski flip over when it throws ya off? or does it depend on how ya get dumped?

Gorilla glue on your shorts...

I think the black rubber is there to wedge your legs in the foot holds. The aftermarket seat covers do alot, especially the ones that grip. Otherwise it lean it like a motorcycle road racer and hold on for dear life.

I definately would not hold it WOT when you turn. There is a learning curve on how fast and sharp you can turn the machine w/o doing cartwheels off the dam thing.

+1
    WOT is a scary thought turning? Not me. Can ya even hold on? I guess i'll see this summer. i'll takes vids of it! we all can laugh! well I know from experience when jumping a 5 footer, you get all sorts of air in the Slt! It has a lot of momentum to it.Lands nice too. Unless you hit a cross chop wave as you hit which can slam your ankles against the hull, which really hurts. I thought that is what its made for. Or banging your knees against the hull hurts too. A good side slam and you never forget. other than that, I usually dont have a problem.

[quote=bowsniper;1253628]WOT is a scary thought turning?quote]

You better have the video camera rolling for that, you may make alot of $$$ on America's Funniest Videos.

2000 pro 785 (son's) 1998 pro 785 (dads) old guy in mich's Avatar
    ditto!
    can do big sweepers at wot on calm lake, (motor cycle form, gloves, booties, foot wedges, beach house sponsons help tremendously). but quick alternating snap turns anywhere close to wot ussual throw me, skis quicker than i am!
    Quote Originally Posted by 785 Pro Mick View Post
    Gorilla glue on your shorts...

I think the black rubber is there to wedge your legs in the foot holds. The aftermarket seat covers do alot, especially the ones that grip. Otherwise it lean it like a motorcycle road racer and hold on for dear life.

I definately would not hold it WOT when you turn. There is a learning curve on how fast and sharp you can turn the machine w/o doing cartwheels off the dam thing.

+1
    Yep that should be fun! I'll have to get use to it first I'm sure.Have a picture of that 2000?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information