Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fuel Consumption from 42's to 60 lb Injectors

I'm trying to get some information on how much more fuel would be used going from 42 lb. injectors to 60 lb??? I have a 08 rxp-x and I'm doing a S/C upgrade that will require the 60's, valve retainers and a ecu re-map. I do some long trips on the ski and I wasn't sure how much 60 lb. injectors would take away from that???

Any info would be great from anyone.....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rxpxfire View Post
    I'm trying to get some information on how much more fuel would be used going from 42 lb. injectors to 60 lb??? I have a 08 rxp-x and I'm doing a S/C upgrade that will require the 60's, valve retainers and a ecu re-map. I do some long trips on the ski and I wasn't sure how much 60 lb. injectors would take away from that???

Any info would be great from anyone.....
    I would say about 30 % more fuel,it's a big step forward.
    Long trips are over with 60's,but if you know were to refuel when touring it won't give any problems.

+1
    As long as the re-map is calibrated for the 60's, it won't make any difference at cruise speed. However, at full throttle, of course it will drink more gas. It takes fuel to make power. If you want to use less fuel at high speed, you'll just have to back off the gas a bit.

+1
    I noticed bugger all difference from running stock ecu 42`s , b-kit external ic too..... remapped with 60`s. power was noticeable though. maybe I just didn`t give a sh!t though lol

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jaffabas View Post
    I noticed bugger all difference from running stock ecu 42`s , b-kit external ic too..... remapped with 60`s. power was noticeable though. maybe I just didn`t give a sh!t though lol
    Do you have some speednumbers on your mods listed below.
    Just interested what to expect i'm in the process of installing basicly the same mods only on a t-x,but interested what to expect.

+1
    with b-kit in tropical conditions I saw 78.6, with a c kit we saw 79.8 keep in mind its propped for cc not speed with a 15/19 skat bent a few times revs around 8400

Quote Originally Posted by jaffabas View Post
    with b-kit in tropical conditions I saw 78.6, with a c kit we saw 79.8 keep in mind its propped for cc not speed with a 15/19 skat bent a few times revs around 8400
    Hey Fire--

Got a little bonus info here....hawda you like that??

+1
    What kind of range do you need? I can get 60 miles on a tank with my ski. Thats riding at a pretty good pace. I think if I slowed down to get max mpg(5-5.5K), I could make over 70 miles.

I'd like to get 60. It wouldn't be all WOT either, lots of varying in the revs. I'm either going to install the B kit or C kit, I have the valve retainers and need to send of the ECU to get re-mapped to 8650. This week I'll be conducting some water tests to see where I'm at with speeds and rpms. I just installed a 15/22 solas and haven't tested it yet. Before this prop I was @ 73.7 with the below mods list. I'm hoping the 15/22 will put it up to 75 or 76? Thanks for the info. I was hearing that 60's would drop the range to possibly to lower numbers but I guess it is all in how you ride....

Works grate, Shotry water box exhaust, I/C Relo kit, 4" air intake, manifold block off, 83 mm nozzle, catch can, I/C water strainer, RE block offs.

If you have your afr dialed in properly, fuel consumption won't change at any given speed with various injectors. It takes a given amount of fuel and hp to go a given speed based on your ski and setup. My ski had a Rotax stage 3 kit with 42's that Rotax specs at 285 hp. I did not monitor afr's, but the ski was obviously rich at idle and in the midrange to be safe up top. Cruising at 40 the ski would get 6.0 mpg. My ski now makes around 315 hp with 48's with the afr properly setup using a dual fuel regulator setup. Cruising at the same 40 mph the ski now gets 6.5 mpg. You'll be tired of riding by the time you run out of gas. Obviously, if your talking wot the ski will drink the fuel at the rate of around 3 mpg--ouch!

Mark

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information