Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need Input on Clutch

From day one the ski had a rattle coming from the SC. It is very apparent with the seat off and with the engine coming off of throttle. I posted earlier in the year about the rattle and it seemed like everyone to some degree had the same issue.

I winterized it today and it seemed a little worse. I guess my question is the same as before, do all these ski's have that noise and when does it become a problem. It is a shame the ski has less than 20 hours. I am changing the SC wheel this winter and will change the clutch. I really don't want the dealer pulling the SC.

+1
    I know that when your turn off your ski your SC will rattle and make some noise, this is completely fine because its just spinning down from a very high rpm. If the SC is making noise when you are riding you might have an issue....

This might help- http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=66790

Quote Originally Posted by mazy View Post
    I know that when your turn off your ski your SC will rattle and make some noise, this is completely fine because its just spinning down from a very high rpm. If the SC is making noise when you are riding you might have an issue....

This might help- http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=66790
    I do not hear it when running - that would be an obvious issue. The noise I am referring to is with the seat off and at idle, you rev it to something less than 2000 rpms and let it coast down, that is when the noise is most apparent. Even at idle that same noise is there to a lesser degree, once again, seat off.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    I do not hear it when running - that would be an obvious issue. The noise I am referring to is with the seat off and at idle, you rev it to something less than 2000 rpms and let it coast down, that is when the noise is most apparent. Even at idle that same noise is there to a lesser degree, once again, seat off.
    I've never noticed it on my ski. Shes in storage for the winter so I can't check for you. Maybe someone else can chime in....

i will get all the rest i need when im dead corkycat's Avatar
    +1
    im sure the rattle you are hearing is free play, im sure this is normal as mine does it and my pals does it. i replaced my sc shaft when i added my c3-11 and it still does it.. im certainly not concerned with my rattle

Quote Originally Posted by corkycat View Post
    im sure the rattle you are hearing is free play, im sure this is normal as mine does it and my pals does it. i replaced my sc shaft when i added my c3-11 and it still does it.. im certainly not concerned with my rattle
    It probably is not a mainstream issue because most owners will never run the ski without the seat. When I refer to "run", those are the times where you start the ski after an oil change or mod change and let it idle momentarily or when you use the flush fitting.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    NORMAL

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JIM'S PERFORMANCE View Post
    NORMAL
    +1
    They all do it. If the clutch fails you would know it right away because the engine will only rev to ~5500rpm without boost.

Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    +1
    They all do it. If the clutch fails you would know it right away because the engine will only rev to ~5500rpm without boost.
    thanks everyone - it just seemed so counter-intuitive (new high tech engine and noisy??). It is definitely running perfect.

+1
    Mine has rattled from day one , you hear it when you blip the throttle on the trailer....I put on an hks bov , I have the 5 year warranty so Im not going to worry about it , besides your ski will only blow up when your in the very farthest section of the swamp , the place where your cell phone is useless....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information