Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    NOONZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Port Stephens, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    81

    Question Les Cooke A-Kit X Impeller wheel?

    Anyone using this on a rxp-x? I currently have a les cooke 4 inch intake, r&d intake grate and r&d free flow exhaust atm getting 72.6mph @ 8160 rpm. Planning on getting the wheel and have a solas 15/22r, jus wanted an idea on rpm's! Whether im going to have to go with valve retainer's and les cooke re-programmed ecu?


  2. #2
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,397
    +1
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by NOONZ View Post
    jus wanted an idea on rpm's! Whether im going to have to go with valve retainer's and les cooke re-programmed ecu?
    The only reason to go with lightweight retainers is if you go with an after market ECU capable of higher RPM's than stock. Higher boost does make it necessary to go with a lighter valve train.

    As long as you are using the stock intercooler then stock injectors are fine. No need for an after market ECU. If you have an after market external intercooler then you will want to run 42 lb injectors... still no need to run a reprogramed ECU to run that supercharger impeller.

  3. #3
    NOONZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Port Stephens, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    81
    Thanks Greenhulk,
    Im aware of the reasons to go with a lightweight valve train and ecu etc, what i was trying to get across is with my current set-up and adding a 12lb wheel and a solas 15/22R prop do you think this will push me up to my rev limit hence the reason to go with a les cooke 8400 ecu and retainers? Or should i go with his 8650 ecu and also do the valve springs and valves? Just would like an idea on rpm increase with the wheel and prop?

    Thanks again

  4. #4
    monaroman76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Whyalla, South Australia
    Posts
    1,979
    +1
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    The only reason to go with lightweight retainers is if you go with an after market ECU capable of higher RPM's than stock. Higher boost does make it necessary to go with a lighter valve train.

    As long as you are using the stock intercooler then stock injectors are fine. No need for an after market ECU. If you have an after market external intercooler then you will want to run 42 lb injectors... still no need to run a reprogramed ECU to run that supercharger impeller.
    Jerry his ski is an x.


    Quote Originally Posted by NOONZ View Post
    Thanks Greenhulk,
    Im aware of the reasons to go with a lightweight valve train and ecu etc, what i was trying to get across is with my current set-up and adding a 12lb wheel and a solas 15/22R prop do you think this will push me up to my rev limit hence the reason to go with a les cooke 8400 ecu and retainers? Or should i go with his 8650 ecu and also do the valve springs and valves? Just would like an idea on rpm increase with the wheel and prop?

    Thanks again
    NOONZ i would not be surprised to see you on the rev limiter with that s/c wheel and the 15/22R, But you could always modify the prop to get off the rev limiter if you did not want to remap the ECU, this would be a much cheaper option

  5. #5
    richrxp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    949
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by NOONZ View Post
    Thanks Greenhulk,
    Im aware of the reasons to go with a lightweight valve train and ecu etc, what i was trying to get across is with my current set-up and adding a 12lb wheel and a solas 15/22R prop do you think this will push me up to my rev limit hence the reason to go with a les cooke 8400 ecu and retainers? Or should i go with his 8650 ecu and also do the valve springs and valves? Just would like an idea on rpm increase with the wheel and prop?

    Thanks again
    For the same money you have the mini rude ,gives 14 lbs,more power for the money.
    If you'r on the limiter bend your prop a little,can be find in the how-to section,very easy.
    Since you'r from australia if you want a reflash go to seadoo centre they are in australia to,easy as that.
    Good luck with your new mods.

  6. #6
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,397
    +1
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    Jerry his ski is an x.

    Sure is. Don't know how i missed that

  7. #7
    CHANDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Yeppoon, Australia
    Posts
    91
    stock ecu and 15/22 will work but you will hit the limiter. no need for lightweight retainers and all that stuff if only going the 8400rpm reflash but if you go 8650rpm or more than do the lot. I have been playing with my props now for a while the three blade is away getting tidied up but will be set at 14/19 and i am still mucking around withthe four blade which is currently set at 15/21 but I am now using a 84mm nozzle so my revs have changed slightly.

    I used the stock prop for ages with the A kit, 4" intake and worx intake grate with no dramas at all when using the stock ecu and rpm was around 8140 if i remember correctly when using a 83mm nozzle. With the stock nozzle I was smashing the limiter with that setup

  8. #8
    NOONZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Port Stephens, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    81
    If i go with the mini rude, les 8650 ecu and retainers will i have to go with injectors as well?
    cheers.

  9. #9
    monaroman76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Whyalla, South Australia
    Posts
    1,979
    +1
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by NOONZ View Post
    If i go with the mini rude, les 8650 ecu and retainers will i have to go with injectors as well?
    cheers.
    You certainly would need 50LBS injectors i would think, and possibly a RRFPR or get the ecu mapped to suit that charger and the 50's

  10. #10
    JPR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Down under
    Posts
    934
    +1
    53
    he will probably map it for 60`s

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. FS Les Cooke B-kit wheel
    By pdxrealtor in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-06-2010, 09:54 PM
  2. WTB Les Cooke A Kit -X Impeller
    By Louis914 in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-22-2009, 04:23 PM
  3. Les Cooke A-Kit Wheel
    By 04RXP22 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 01-03-2008, 09:03 PM
  4. New injectors necessary with Les Cook A Kit impeller?
    By cyoungesq in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-28-2007, 01:43 PM
  5. Les Cooke A-kit S/C impeller
    By beached log in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 02-24-2007, 06:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •